Rosetta Stone Content Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Rosetta Stone

3.5

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone (Harrisonburg, VA) in June 2008.

Interview

I had heard that the best way to have a chance with the company was to know someone within Rosetta Stone. I spoke with someone within the company by phone with whom my sister had a passing acquaintance. She was very warm and personable; she had me send her my resume and, within a short time, she got it into the hands of one of the recruiters. To prepare for the interview, I used the job requirements for a Content Writer that RS had on their website, and came up with what I believed would be some likely interview questions.

After a week or two, I received a phone call from the company. They set up an initial phone interview (it was with two staff people). In another week or so I was called for a second phone interview, again with two staff people (different than the first two). Both interviews went well--the interviewers were very laid back in their style, overall.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you used collaboration to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rosetta Stone

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone (Harrisonburg, VA) in December 2010.

Interview

The experience was very intense and it was four months from my initial submission of my resume to my start date. I applied online with my resume and a few writing samples. They got back to me and two weeks later I had a phone interview with the manager of the team. Then two weeks later I had another phone interview with two of the team members. Then a few weeks after that I had seven hours of interviews with every member of the team. It was another few weeks before I got the offer and I didn't negotiate much because I was pleased with it. It was another month before my start date. They did not provide any useful information when I moved there, and I ended up moving three times in the first year trying to find a suitable arrangement.

Interview Questions

• One of the men interviewing me asked me to demo a lesson for teaching kindergarten EFL right there on the spot. I had otherwise prepared very thoroughly for the interview, but that question was totally unexpected. I quickly showed him how I explained the different between present tense and present continuous, and demonstrated an activity for practice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I felt like the compensation was fair for the position, and the job was in a small town where the cost of living was lower. And on top of the other benefits like PTO, insurance, and 401k, I was satisfied.