Rosetta Stone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.8

Product Support Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone (Harrisonburg, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then a three hour interview. I knew more than the tech people. I asked to sit with someone and i listened in on a few calls. Management seemed arrogant

Interview Questions

Got a really bad vibe from the place. Saw someone crying and overhead supervisors talking unprofessional about care agent.

Client Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone (Harrisonburg, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, each with at least two people on the panel. Some in person and some via teleconference. The panels tended to mix people who would be on that team as well as managers for other departments that the position would interact with.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as the biggest hurdles in a sustainable B2B business model and grand scale relationships with these clients.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone.

Interview

Once I submitted a resume I heard back within one day and was set up with an interview within the next day. The recruiters were nice and flexible. They seemed interested in job development and were not looking to trip you up. They were were very informative with what the job entailed.

Product Support Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone (Harrisonburg, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

You have a phone interview, in which they ask basic questions about yourself and your basic technical skills, which takes approximately 30 minutes. That was followed by an in-person interview, which took nearly two hours.

I was asked technical questions by an engineerer. They weren't difficult if you have a intermediate understanding of computers. That was followed by an interview by two Product Support Supervisors, which was mainly questions about your history and why you want to work for Rosetta Stone. Finally, you're interviewed by the Product Support Manager, who again, basically asks the same questions the supervisors asked.

The key to a successful interview with Rosetta Stone is enthusiasm. However, you won't be very enthusiastic once they offer you $13 per hour for the Product Support Specialist II position. I have no idea where Glassdoor got that a salary for the position was in the $19 - $21 range. It's completely incorrect.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Rosetta Stone?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone in April 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by phone by the HR for the first round of interviews. That seemed fairly easy. Then had an onsite interview with the manager and project lead. Fairly straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a recent challenge you have faced and your solution to it.   Answer Question

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone (Remote, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Remote interview. There was a first-round interview on Blue Jeans with a panel, and then a final-round interview 3 weeks later via Blue Jeans with a Director. I felt really good about both interviews; however, I received a turn-down email about 3 weeks after that, stating that they opted to move forward with another candidate. I suspect it was because of the fact that I am not bilingual. I really can't blame them, because if there was a candidate whose skills and references were just as good as mine, but who spoke Spanish, it is obvious who their choice would be.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in conjunction with a sales team? How would you stress to the client the importance of following recommendations regarding working through the course material if the client complained that he/she/they are just not learning a language as easily as they thought they would?   1 Answer

Director, International Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone (Harrisonburg, VA).

Interview

Submitted resume. Telephone interview first. Invited to in-person interview with three different groups of managers and executives. After completing the interviews I was taken to lunch. Because the executives tried to hard sell the company and area during lunch (and did not ask any follow up qualification questions of me), I knew they' make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Willing to take an unexpected aptitude test.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They provided an offer sheet. Asked for copy of benefits and costs. Provided counter offer. Found a compremise offer.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Unemployment discrimination? I had a phone interview with a recruiter a few months ago. It went well the first few minutes but once the recruiter asked why I left my last position and I told her that I was laid off due to the downturn at my firm and economy in general, the interview ended abruptly in one minute. Yes, that quick. I realized then that I would never want to work for such a company. How do you treat people who have been laid off through no fault of their own like that? It was so obvious and unprofessional. At least have the decency to ask your next set of questions than to end it so abrupt like that, even if you personally don't want to move the person to the next steps. It is already difficult enough to go through each day without a job. Fortunately I was able to land somewhere else with great benefits and salary at a well known firm. I would never treat an unemployed person like that- you never know when you will be on the other side of the interview table.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online end of August. Received a cal from a recruiter asking what was my interesting on the position. I was said it was a sale position, I kind of declined it. about 6 days later I received an email from the manager explaining to me about the position (very detailed). So we set up a 30-min Phone interview. Since it was a bilingual position, I had an interview with someone about the language target also. Then we set up a date for an on-site interview. 5 days later I got an offer and I accepted. Started working 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were very laid back and comfortable. I didn't have any difficult question.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone (Arlington, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was enjoyable and thorough. I was given the opportunity to meet with various team members as well as executives and even direct reports. Each interviewer was clearly very excited to be working at the company and everyone made me feel very comfortable. Each of the interviews was a mix of behavioral questions and competency-based questions with a big focus on team fit. The topics were always challenging, but gave me great insight into the company.

Interview Questions

• Several of the interviewers quizzed me in detail about company financials and investor reports. I had done my research, but was surprised by the consistency. It helped me better understand the culture however and that everyone had a vested interest and felt they could individually make a difference to affect those numbers!   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very up front throughout the negotiation process and we were able to quickly agree a salary that I felt was very attractive