Rosewood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.5

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Communication after applying was quick, which I appreciated. We set up the interview the next day. It was a lengthy interview where I met with 3 different executive associates. I was asked all type of different questions. Also, the director thoroughly explained the structure of the department, obstacles, goals, and future projections.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle challenging situations that put you under pressure?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in the hospitality industry?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Martin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts (San Martin, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online to a job posting that was for a bartender. They called a day later set up and interview for a bartender. Bar manager came out spent five minutes telling me what they property was all about. Then said they don't have a bartender position available. I don't understand why I was even contacted and why they have a posting for a job that isn't even available.

IT Interview

Interview

I applied online and the next day the recruiter called me. A phone interview was scheduled and she asked me some questions like how I dealt with challenges in the workplace or school. The interview probably lasted 15 minutes. She told me she would call in a few weeks because they are currently interviewing other candidates. After some time I never heard from the recruiter so I called her. She said she is still in the process of doing interviews and she will make a final decision later. Later I received an email saying they selected someone else.

Interview Questions

• Did anyone ask you for help and how did you solve their problem?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Was called in for an interview and met with the HR manager. After meeting with her I had a meeting with the Director of Human Resources. They told me that they would let me know what the decision is in a few day. A few days later I received a call from the HR manager offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Human Resources?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

First I met with two representatives at my college's career fair, had a quick interview with them.
    Then had a follow up via Skype with 3 managers (hiring manager, hiring director and someone else)
    Then was told to wait a week to hear back via email and phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I did discuss the fact that I was potentially going to be hired for a different position and then was told I was not qualified enough after they sent me the offer letter for the Trainee Program. Its low compensation but it works for just starting out.

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

First you meet with the Director of Human Resources. They get basic information from you. Next you meet with the Reservations Manager who determines if you are a good fit for the department. Following that you meet with the Director of Sales and Marketing. If you make it this far you then meet with the Managing Director of the Hotel.

SPA Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts (Menlo Park, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had to interview with a handful of people. Everyone was very professional. I started out with HR then moved to the managers at the Spa, then interviewed with the president of the Hotel. I ended up back in the HR office where they offered me the job. The pay sounds good, but the job is too stressful. They should really offer more for all the things they expect you to do.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Quite simple, nothing to difficult. Talked to the chef and manager of hotel. The manager asked if I knew the history of the hotel. The chef was really friendly and welcoming

Temporary Human Resource Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online and got a reply after two days. I was interviewed by two managers in a day, approximately 45 minutes each. Interview questions were typical and all about your recent and previous jobs. Both managers were very professional during the interview. The only draw back for me was the unavailability of decent room in the first interview, I was interviewed in the stock room. We got into a vacant training room during the second interview. Overall, it was a pleasant interview experience from the managers.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions during the interview. All the questions is based on what is in your resume.   Answer Question

Waitstaff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was very simple and the interviewer was extremely positive. He asked about my prior experience and told me about the job requirements. Since I was coming into the position with a few years experience, I felt confident that I could handle the job. They were able to show me around, I met the other employees and then I was thanked and left. A few days later I received a call that the position was mine.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was comfortable serving alcohol in a lounge like setting.   1 Answer