Ross Stores Allocator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross Stores Allocator Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Straight-forward, met with several members of the team. HR interview was first, and you are given a retail math test. When meeting with the team, they asked about experience and examples of projects. Mostly situational-based questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Dublin, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I spoke to someone in HR, and a date was set up. Prior to the interview I was given a test. Then I had two group interviews and one single interview. Overall it was a good experiance.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced an obstacle and was able to succeed   Answer Question

Allocator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Three person panel interview. A Director and 2 Managers.
    Was fairly casual. Questions were appropriate and were read from a paper. Mostly a pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions were of the standard selection: what's a challenge for you, what's a good quality you'd bring to the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

HR phone interview
    2 panel interviews (3 interviewees each)
    Retail math test

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

Recruited by head-hunter to apply to Ross. Received offer fo rinterview within a week of online resume posting. Followed by math test, then 3-person panel interview. Hired over phone immediately, then had to wait about 6 weeks for start date. applied fo rmerchandising management, which ended up being titled called 'Allocator", worked with New York and West coast merchants to distribute product to stores in US and Guam. Intereviewed by Admin Asst and manager, they asked about relevant sales job experiences, and familiarity with Excel and Word programs.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with Excel computer programs?   1 Answer
    • Please explain a successful inventory management experience from your past employment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Started in high 30-low 40K range and annual bonus. due to some re-strucuturing at the company, bonus options removed from my position just this year along with life insurance benefit.