Ross Stores Assistant Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross Stores Assistant Buyer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2017

3.1

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

It was fine. Basic questions about fashion trends, different experiences with analyzing companies, and behavioral questions. Woman that interviewed me was the hardest part because she was very hard to read and not very friendly which threw me off a bit.

Interview Questions

• 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses?
    what's going on in fashion right now?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview went well. Standard behavioral questions. I did not like the fact that the recruiter insisted on knowing which companies I had applied to specifically. Also, she requested a second interview which is not standard. The second time she was 5 minutes late calling and asked the same questions I had already answered before.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with Excel? Have you interviewed with any other companies? If so, where?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The process was easy going. Interviewer was kind and easy to talk to.
    Interview was pretty conversational and fluid. The recruiter asked some behavioral questions, so be prepared to answer all the major questions that they generally ask on an interview.
    I was also asked some fun questions to lighten the mood and gage personality - like what I like to do for fun.
    Overall, interview was about 20 minutes and not too difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR first, then asked to go in for a in person interview.
    Met with the VP and HR again.
    Second interview was with one of the buyers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It moved fast because they were trying to fill a position but be prepared for several rounds. There was a phone interview with the recruiter and then in person recruiter interview. Then moved into several rounds with the buyer and all her superiors. They ask for pay stubs to prove employment, so be prepared.

another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I first met with an HR manager after she found me on LinkedIn. Questions were pretty standard, though she did test me on my fashion trend knowledge. About a week later, I met with one of the Buyers. She was extremely nice, and the interview was pretty easy-going.

Interview Questions

• During my second interview, we played a "rate yourself" game. I would suggest thinking carefully before rating yourself, so that you seem confident yet also a bit self-critical.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Very long interview process-- took about 3 months and they were very vague as to when an answer would be reached. I didn't end up getting the job because all available jobs were being saved for college graduates and interns in order for the company to save money.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Met at a job fair. The HR guy was very nice had a phone interview and then went to LA and met with various buyers for a couple different interviews. Definitely be prepared about yourself, the company, and do background on who you meet. Honestly a great company culture. I would prepare yourself with questions for them and be very proficient in Excel. Also they liked to be called "off price". Do not bring up any negative connotations with being off price.

Interview Questions

• Mostly all situational. So a stressful time and how I reacted. ? Also three up and coming trends that I saw?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

successfully completed the internship program and was hired on the spot. Recommend the internship if you are just finishing college.

Interview Questions

• The interview itself was fairly harmless. The packet of merchandising mathematics I had to complete in 15 minutes was unexpected. Bring a calculator!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

First I interviewed with a rep from HR over the phone; they were accommodating to the fact that I couldn't make it in person, since I was on vacation. After that, she asked to schedule an in-person interview. When I went to the in-person interview, I interviewed with about 4 people from various departments in the office. When I accepted my offer, it was in a department with one of the people i interviewed with. I liked the environment and the nature of the interviews: they were as enthusiastic about this position as I was. It was fun...I start tomorrow, so hopefully it turns out great !

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you failed and how you learned from it.   Answer Question