Ross Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Ross Stores

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (The Woodlands, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Well first of all it took three weeks to get a response via phone from their HR department. After the phone interview my resume was forwarded to the woodlands location where I had and interview two weeks later. I was told my interview went well and that my information was going to be forwarded back to HR and distributed to the Ross locations in my area. About two weeks later I receive an email stating that the company was going with a more experienced applicant--all at once? at all the stores in my surrounding area (5 stores)?--I have 14 years of retail experience, 8 years in supervisory position, 2 as store manager, and 1 as an assistant manager (my current employment). During the interview I was asked if I would be willing to take a department head position and train to become an assistant manager and I obliged. I was asked why I was leaving my current position and I answer that I am not offered any benefits where I am now and my husband and I are looking to have a child. I dont know why I was not hired I feel like I have been discriminated against but I can not put my finger on what has made they turn me down. The last time I was in a Ross the sales associates were making fun of customers while they were checking people out and the dress room attendant did not speak English. All I have to say is even if you nail the interview and have all the qualifications they may shut you down totally for no reason at all, so dont think you have the position in the bag.

Interview Questions

• They didnt ask to many questions just what I would accept in pay (11 per hour) for a department supervisor which I said I would take happily for a chance to work my way up within the company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Oak Brook, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied on-line after seeing an ad on a job board. Received an email the next day from a recruiter for Ross, wanting to schedule a phone interview with me. The phone interview was scheduled for 2 days out in the afternoon. Was sent a calendar in my email so I could pick which block of time worked best for me.

Phone interview was pretty straight forward. What did I know about Ross, why did I want to work for them, what were my current/previous management responsibilities. Lasted approximately 15 - 20 minutes, tops. Recruiter then said she'd send me an invite for the Job Fair they were having, and to respond to it to confirm.

Received the email that had a date and a time set up for the interview. It was in a hotel about 45 minutes away. Arrived to the hotel, was pointed in the direction of the conference room they were hosting in, and upon arrival I checked in. Was given a booklet and a print-out of the job description they were going to interview me for.

Waited about 10 minutes until one of the HR reps there interviewed me. Was about 45 minutes long, standard stuff. Was then asked to stay and interview with a DM. Interview with the DM lasted approx. 15 minutes, was more standard stuff.

Left the job fair, received an email from the recruiter thanking me for showing up, asked me to fill out a survey about my experience, then said they'd be in touch in 7 - 10 days with information about the next step.

Interview Questions

• A fair amount of "what ifs...?" were asked, like "What if you had to give performance evaluations, what time-frame would you have for follow-up?" or "What if you had to supervise an employee that wasn't putting forth their best effort, how would you handle it?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Very Quick and straight forward, felt very confident during the interview, great interviewing manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

pretty much just a take it or leave it situation for me

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied for the assistant store manager online and Ross called me 3 weeks later. The first interview was at my school, the second interview was at one of the store. They called me after 2 weeks to meet up at Starbucks and told me I was hire, we then went over my benefits.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had conflict with your peer and you had to make a change about the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me the position and gave me 2 weeks to think about it. After 2 weeks I signed the paper and drop it off at the office.

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Valdosta, GA) in August 2009.

Interview

You go thru phone interview, first and second interview .

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Orlando, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and then they invited me to a final interview at the store. They offered me about 3 days later and started the background check.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Sacramento, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Through college recruiting, first interview was a 2 part interview at my school, first with two local store managers, then into another room with someone from corporate recruiting. Was told that o passed the first round and asked to fill out online application and questionnaire.
    The second interview was also a two part interview and aim with store managers and then a one on one with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult, do your homework and know the company and have all your basic answers ready   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, accept or decline. Decent starting pay.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Baltimore, MD) in May 2008.

Interview

it went very well and was are really quick turn around. every one was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they worked with me. easy to talk to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Columbia, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

1:1, phone, District Manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your integrity was questioned   1 Answer

a better offer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

first interview at school career center, then interview at a selected store. Only two rounds. Pretty straight forwrad.