Ross Stores Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2017

1.9

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Went over application, very fast paced. Mostly talked about themselves. Said they're looking for fresh faces, and trying to build up the " step" associates. Very simple, but will let me know

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Associate Interview

Interview

Interview process was okay. They did not ask hard questions only simple questions. I did my interview in a group and not by myself. Went in pretty early and started pretty early.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple. Manager is nice person. Asked about background and explained about work. Then explained about paperwork and that's all. I have started working within a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The easiest interview I’ve ever had. Applied online, got a call back the next day. If your appearance is neat and have drive to learn, you’ll get the job. Specially if it’s for a new store opening. They’re just looking to fill positions.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

It was really cool. It wasn't complicated. They were friendly and explained what they expected it dress and behavior. The energy was really mellow. There was no tense situations.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Asked fair questions about retail, clothing store experience, honesty, etc. The store manager and an assistant manager interviewed me quickly. I was super overqualified for this position, so it was no problem to answer a few simple hypothetical situations and questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rude customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. This was for my 2nd job and I've had over a decade of retail and customer service, yet I wasn't even started at $8 per hour.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call that night to set up an appointment for interview, which I set up the next day. Interviewed with an Area Supervisor, she was impressed and called in the store manager manager to conduct my second interview. I was offered the position on the spot. I did ask to think it over and I would call back with an answer by the end of the week. After calling back and accepting, a drug test and background check was conducted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Osage Beach, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Osage Beach, MO) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online for the store that is opening in my area. I was called back the next day and went for an interview. The interview went very well. the manager and assistant manager were both easy to get a long with. The interview consisted of general retail type questions as well as questions based on the evaluation I took online. I thought the interview went very well and was even told "welcome aboard". This was dependent on a background check. I received a call from the background check company within a few days. After one week, I called the manager to check on the status of my application and he said the background check was still "pending". I have never received the background check information in the mail, so I do not feel the results were used against me in any way. I have never received another call.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a specific instance of an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Livermore, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Had three people in the room, one from corporate and two people from store management. Talked about the skills I had and then I got hired on the spot. Overall very easy.

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Livermore, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Submitted an online application and had one interview with the assistant manager. Basic interview asking why you want to work there, what you can bring to the table, etc. I didn't have to take any tests and they only did a background check for felonies. This was hands down the easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• There really wan't a hard aspect of the interview process.   Answer Question