Ross Stores Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross Stores Associate Interview Questions

2.2

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

It was really cool. It wasn't complicated. They were friendly and explained what they expected it dress and behavior. The energy was really mellow. There was no tense situations.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Asked fair questions about retail, clothing store experience, honesty, etc. The store manager and an assistant manager interviewed me quickly. I was super overqualified for this position, so it was no problem to answer a few simple hypothetical situations and questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rude customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. This was for my 2nd job and I've had over a decade of retail and customer service, yet I wasn't even started at $8 per hour.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call that night to set up an appointment for interview, which I set up the next day. Interviewed with an Area Supervisor, she was impressed and called in the store manager manager to conduct my second interview. I was offered the position on the spot. I did ask to think it over and I would call back with an answer by the end of the week. After calling back and accepting, a drug test and background check was conducted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Osage Beach, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Osage Beach, MO) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online for the store that is opening in my area. I was called back the next day and went for an interview. The interview went very well. the manager and assistant manager were both easy to get a long with. The interview consisted of general retail type questions as well as questions based on the evaluation I took online. I thought the interview went very well and was even told "welcome aboard". This was dependent on a background check. I received a call from the background check company within a few days. After one week, I called the manager to check on the status of my application and he said the background check was still "pending". I have never received the background check information in the mail, so I do not feel the results were used against me in any way. I have never received another call.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a specific instance of an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Livermore, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Had three people in the room, one from corporate and two people from store management. Talked about the skills I had and then I got hired on the spot. Overall very easy.

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Livermore, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Submitted an online application and had one interview with the assistant manager. Basic interview asking why you want to work there, what you can bring to the table, etc. I didn't have to take any tests and they only did a background check for felonies. This was hands down the easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• There really wan't a hard aspect of the interview process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

applied online, then i was contacted by phone to see if i wanted and interview for that same day. once i got there i was explained the job offer was for a part time and seasonal position that then could result in a secured part time position based on my performance, minimum wage. i accepted this. then i was scheduled for work in the next 3 days and i got about 16 to 19 hours a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they were upfront about the type of work and the pay so it was a take it or leave it situation

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied online and a manager called me about 3 days later setting up an interview for the next day. The first interview was a group interview and very short. That same night a different manager called to set up a second interview for two days later . It was supposed to be one on one interview but they called another person back with me. This was also short. This is my first job with no experience. I sent both managers thank you letters after the interview. They called me about 2 weeks later saying I got the job. Orientation was about 4 hours

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We were told minimum wage during interview

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2010.

Interview

Filled the application online, and got a call a week after. I went in and was greeted by the assistant manager, who was nice. Did the interview and was asked the basic behavioral questions and past experience. I was then introduced by the manager who was even nicer and was asked the same questions. Overall the process was average.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, minimum wage.