Ross Stores Buying Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Buying Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores in February 2017.

Interview

Straight Forward, more of a discussion, friendly, wanted to know why I chose Ross over other retailers. They knew I was qualified and were looking more at my personality.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I had my first interview at my university with a college recruiter. I was then offered a second interview in NYC, where the internship will take place. There, I interviewed with 4 VPs in the company. Everyone is very nice and friendly, and the process was enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you got critical feedback and it wasn't what you were expecting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Bloomington, IN).

Interview

The process what quick and easy. They came on campus for a career fair and about a week later I got the e-mail that they wanted me for on-campus first rounds. This was a 30 minute behavioral interview that was easy and enjoyable. The recruiter was nice and funny and really made me feel comfortable. Then a week later I got the e-mail that I made it through to second rounds also on campus. This was three back-back-back interviews with three executives from New York and all were 30 minutes each.

Buying Interview

Interview

Process was pretty straight forward. Both rounds were on campus and both pretty simple. First interview was from an HR person and was basically just going over my resume. Second round was more behavioral driven.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process started with two one on one behavioral interviews. Both pretty average in regards to other interviews. Two weeks later the company flew me out to NY to interview with six separate employees, job titles ranging from buyers to vice presidents of departments.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a group and you had to deliver bad news to your group   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a week to accept the offer.