Ross Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was easy. They just asked about schedule of availability. Have you tell them about yourself and your previous experiences. It's not difficult to get an offer at all.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Valdosta, GA).

Interview

Simple 15 minute interview on why I would be a great asset to the team. Asked about previous experience and how it could transfer to the current job offer. Also, what my availability would be like since I was in school at the time

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

I fill out my application online I did the online assessment they call me back six months later for an interview I went on the interview it was like a group interview about 6 people it was about an hour long the interview wasn't really that fun kind of boring it seems like the people who were there on the interview really didn't care if they got the job or not

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation about it we just want to separate it was either take it or leave it

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple days after from the store manager, who was very pleasant to talk to. We set up the interview for few days later. I came in and apparently interrupted the cashiers' conversation, because they both gave me a dirty look and acted very inconvenienced when I said I was there for an interview. The girl who interviewed me literally did not ask a single question. I was back there less than 5 minutes. I also had no opportunity to ask questions of my own. She said she liked me (based on what?) and told me the dress code and that she suggested I keep my first job and work this one solely for the 20 percent discount. She said the manager would call to make the offer in a few days.

Anonymous Employee in Spanish Fort, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Spanish Fort, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

The manager took me to the back office area. She asked me to tell her about myself. Then she told me the job description and what I would be doing. She said some days I would be a cashier and other days I would be on the floor and asked if I could handle it. Finally, she told me she'd call me when my background check came through and she would put me on the schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Gate, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (South Gate, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First it was a group interview in which we were asked to introduce ourselves and act out scenario in which someone had to be a cashier and the other a customer. After we did a group interview, they interviewed us one by one.after the interview theysaid they wouud contact us asap

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Garland, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got called for an interview the very next day m. Got asked questions from the manager, called me in for a second interview w/ the second manager, got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a process no longer than 1 hour. I had my interview and orientation all in the same day. The manager was very polite and friendly. One of my best interviews ever.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied two weeks before I got a call back. The interview was a group interview then individually. I was the last to be interviewed and the manager asked me two questions and then ended it. I totally thought that I didn't get it but then I got an email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Pearland, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

This was a store opening, so I had to deal with the noise of constructions crews working while we interviewed in the empty store.

The interview was very easy, the manager explained the chain of command, gave me a little background on the store, then asked questions about my experience and how I would handle situations. The process was pretty relaxed, but not informal. Some questions:

Why do you want to work here?
    What did you love and what did you hate about your last job?
    How would you keep yourself motivated doing a repetitive boring task (like putting items back on shelf)?
    How would you deal with things if the store was messy and children were running around?
    Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult person and how did you handle it?
    What is your availability for each day of the week?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a person that you would describe as dependable.   1 Answer