Ross Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.0

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The interview was really quick and simple wanted to be a cashier but ended up being in the stock room. I was just asked some general questions about my self and my availability and I got the job that day.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you provided great customer service to a customer and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Pasadena, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the assistant manager. She asked me about my baxkground and instantly wanted me to be in customer service. Sjs was nice and she went over the role with me and showed me how I can keep my scanning score high. She offered me the position pendng a background check and I was called three days later to start onboard stuff the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was easy. They just asked about schedule of availability. Have you tell them about yourself and your previous experiences. It's not difficult to get an offer at all.

Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Voorhees, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

The manager I interviewed with seemed disinterested in the process. I found out later she was generally disinterested in her job and just wanted bodies to fill vacant positions. She did offer to pass my resume to the DM for any management positions that might open in the future.

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Valdosta, GA).

Interview

Simple 15 minute interview on why I would be a great asset to the team. Asked about previous experience and how it could transfer to the current job offer. Also, what my availability would be like since I was in school at the time

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

I fill out my application online I did the online assessment they call me back six months later for an interview I went on the interview it was like a group interview about 6 people it was about an hour long the interview wasn't really that fun kind of boring it seems like the people who were there on the interview really didn't care if they got the job or not

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation about it we just want to separate it was either take it or leave it

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple days after from the store manager, who was very pleasant to talk to. We set up the interview for few days later. I came in and apparently interrupted the cashiers' conversation, because they both gave me a dirty look and acted very inconvenienced when I said I was there for an interview. The girl who interviewed me literally did not ask a single question. I was back there less than 5 minutes. I also had no opportunity to ask questions of my own. She said she liked me (based on what?) and told me the dress code and that she suggested I keep my first job and work this one solely for the 20 percent discount. She said the manager would call to make the offer in a few days.

Anonymous Employee in Spanish Fort, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Spanish Fort, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

The manager took me to the back office area. She asked me to tell her about myself. Then she told me the job description and what I would be doing. She said some days I would be a cashier and other days I would be on the floor and asked if I could handle it. Finally, she told me she'd call me when my background check came through and she would put me on the schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Gate, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (South Gate, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First it was a group interview in which we were asked to introduce ourselves and act out scenario in which someone had to be a cashier and the other a customer. After we did a group interview, they interviewed us one by one.after the interview theysaid they wouud contact us asap

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Garland, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got called for an interview the very next day m. Got asked questions from the manager, called me in for a second interview w/ the second manager, got the job.