Ross Stores Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.4

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2017.

Interview

Met at university career fair, submitted resume on our campus job site, was selected for an interview on campus. Recruiter was one of the nicest people I've ever met, made the interview very easy going. Was more of a conversation, no real interview questions.

Interview Questions

Ross Stores Response

Oct 17, 2017

Thanks for your review! We're happy one of our university recruiters made your experience delightful. Keep working hard and gaining experience, we hope to hear from you again.

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

On-campus interview followed by a 2-hour interview at their NYC office with 4 senior members. Very relaxed atmosphere and nice people. They let us know the very next day in terms of getting an offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I first talked to Ross employees at my university job fair. They emailed me a week later telling me I was picked to go through the interview process. It was a process of two interviews within a couple day of each other. After the second interview they called me two days later to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you reached your breaking pint, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Campus Interview with a current store manager and district manager. Typical situational based interview questions. Interview lasted about 45 minutes - 1 hour in total. Very professional, informative, and friendly. Overall pleasant experience with their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to make a tough decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Sacramento, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I learned about this opportunity through a career fair on my college campus. I spoke with the recruiter and arranged an interview for 3 days later. Before the interview, I had to go online and fill out an application, including an assessment test. I showed up and interviewed with the manager of the store I would be interning at. He asked 2 questions that I had never been asked before, but all of the other questions were fairly basic. At the end, I asked what the rest of the interview process was like and he said that this was all there was. He said he had a few more to interview that day and the next day and then he would make his decision. He called me back a few days later to come back in and review the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you gave someone too much information.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

It was the district manager and one of the store managers who interviewed me and then I was moved on to two other store managers from DD's their sister company.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give a time when you had a disagreement with someone at work and it left you irritated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negoitation

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Dublin, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my university site, completed 3 interviews from recruiter to manager to senior director. All three were virtual interviews via Skype or a phone call. Interviews were all approximately an hour long. Questions weren't too difficult. Interviewers were nice.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview with several members across the organization. They were extremely nice, and the process took no time to complete. They were on top of it and made sure the process was not slowed by the holidays and such.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions like "Can you tell me a time you had a difficult customer you had to work with and how did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with HR. The interview lasted nearly an hour, but felt very comfortable and conversational. We discussed my major, previous work experience, current trends I could think of, etc. This was only the first interview, as I had 4 more at their offices in NY. These interviews were similar to the first- I met with 2 buyers and 2 planners. From there, they decided which would be a better fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 weaknesses you have?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores in April 2014.

Interview

Interview Process: Done on campus at college. Two separate interviews within an hour. Each interview had two interviewers. Questions were relatively basic. Such as how would you handle multiple projects? Describe a time where you had a confrontation with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about working retail the rest of your life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, all interns get the same offer