Ross Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross Stores Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I got called in for an interview about a week later. Pretty quick and simple. They ask the usual about retail life, they didn't ask why I wanted to work there. They're not big on you knowing the company history beforehand. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The interview process was fast and easy. The manager made me feel comfortable and welcomed. Simple questions like Tell me about yourself and why do you want to work here. I started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve this issue.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Rock Hill, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Always go to stote ask to speak to MOD and say you're checking on appli application. THIS shows you're available and ready to work and they'll set up interview IMMEDIATELY.

Interview Questions

• What's my previous experience   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Alameda, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They called me on Tuesday I came in the next day for interview Talked with 2 very nice people and they hired me on the spot for a new location.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied online and when it was time to interview I had to reschedule cuzz my daughter was sick, but then I was able to come in so I went to the interview, I got lucky and it was all one on one I was nervous, but the girl I interviewed with made me feel at ease

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you bring to the company that would make you a good asset   1 Answer

Negotiation

It went easily for me and I got the job

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

They called me about a week or 2 after I applied online. I went in for an interview, they told me about the background check. I was extremely excited about this interview. It was the perfect location right in between my home and my college campus. I wrote down my number and the days I was willing to work down for the interviewer. He told me that I'd get a call with the results on Friday. I never got a call so I waited the weekend and called them. I would ask to speak to a hiring manager, ask about a follow-up, they'd tell me they would call back and never did. I did this 3 times because I was so determined to have that job. It was very disheartening. I believe every employer looks for reliability and you yourself weren't reliable. Shame on you for not keeping your word.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was easy. They just asked about schedule of availability. Have you tell them about yourself and your previous experiences. It's not difficult to get an offer at all.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Memphis, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I am glad I had the opportunity to meet you in person last Friday. After our initial phone interview you made me very interested in pursuing a career with Ross. That all changed last Thursday and Friday. I attempted to clarify the meeting time and place for our second interview and was lead to believe it was scheduled for 1/19 at 2:00 pm because you confirmed that it was the correct date and time. When we spoke on the phone on the 19th you stated that I did not call or show up or say "kiss my dog" or anything and it was your intention to make it look like it was my mistake, when it was actually yours. But I still wanted to hear about the opportunity so I agreed to meet you the following day. Like the previous day, more follies continued when I arrived at 10:00 am for our scheduled interview. You admittedly made a mistake and scheduled my interview at the same time as your new store conference call. After you called me by the wrong name, "Bruce", you asked me the same questions that we discussed on the phone for 45 minutes during our initial conversation/interview. During our interview/conference call I felt as if you did not listen to my answers or our conversation due to the ongoing conference call chatter in the background on one of your two cell phones. After you completed the conference call the store tour/walk was very informative and interesting, and at this point I was still willing to forgive the circumstances and see what opportunity you had available for me at Ross. When we returned to the office and you called me by the name, "Bruce" again I had the feeling that this would not be an environment that I would be happy to work in. Then came the news that since I didn't show up or call the previous week for the interview that you made a mistake in scheduling that you had hired someone for that position. I should have walked out of the interview several times due to your lack of professionalism but this was the last straw. I was not going to respond to your request for the references and my intentions to continue the process, but since you texted me and emailed me I thought it was appropriate for me to respond to you and tell you why I would not consider working for you or the Ross company at this time. I have accepted a position at another company and I am looking forward to this great opportunity. I wish you success and I hope that any future candidates for Ross do not have to experience the same misfortunes that I went through during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• situational, leadership, team, expenses, profit, merchandising, experience   Answer Question

Corporate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Contacted by a team member on the team I applied for and had a phone screen with her. Then I had 2 one on one phone interviews (hour each). Finally they flew me out for a final round with the VP, and SVP. They worked with my schedule as I had another offer from a company in hand at the time. Very grateful for that.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jenkintown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Jenkintown, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online application and received a call the next day for an interview. Three days later I went on the interview and was offered the position. She made the position sound great and even offered to get me into the summer internship program which i thought was great since I am a HR major, so the internship was what really sold me. However after orientation I was not trained nor put on the schedule. Yet, was called an asked to come in to work a 4hr shift on two different occasions. Then was told I would be doing stock and working if the fitting room or and number or places within the store even though that is not what was told to me in the interview. This store is very unorganized! Also they neglected to tell me that they can not guarantee a minimum amount of hours. And the starting rate is 9.00$ with bi-weekly pay periods. Needless to say since then I have had and accepted much better employment offers. I would steer clear of this particular Ross store at all costs.