Ross Stores ASM - Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross Stores ASM - Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.7

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Went through process of running the store and knowing how to delegate to and how to follow up. Knowing what reports required attention asap and what was a B level task.

Interview Questions

• What are order is most important of the following three... people sales presentation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

ASM - Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Portland, OR).

Interview

Very detailed and professional. Clear and concise of expectations and job duties.

Interview Questions

• Comfortable overall experience. Your experience will define the difficulty of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Clear and competitive.

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ross Stores in August 2012.

Interview

One in person interview - two on phone

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Allentown, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

the interview was 3 rounds, first you talk with a recruiter, then a manager then the district manager.
    the interviews questions are all situation questions. as long as you know your success stories, you'll fine. the pay is not negotiable. you will starting at around 40k a year, is pretty low for all you do. is you are asm, pretty much you'll do everything in the store. from the bathroom fixs to the floor tiles broken. you are in charge of everything

Interview Questions

• it was all situation questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Long and tough... 4 step process. one with a store manager that was 30 miles from what turned out to be my home store . one with the DM in that area and one with another DM in the 30 mile radius plus a phone interview with corporate.

Interview Questions

• various all across the board. 4 interviews. 2 SM one DM and one corporate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Portland, OR) in October 2011.

Interview

it was easy. it was one on one with the manager, they asked basic questions, as long as you make eye contact and have an answer youll be good. i felt comfortable and confident throughout the interview. they told me the basics of how the store was run, asked if i could handle that and i said yes to all of that. typical questions, typical answers and you wiill be golden.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (San Antonio, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Normal interview process. The district manager already knew me from my previous job. We knew each other for over 15 years. I actually wanted the Store Manager position but she thought it would be best to hire on as an ASM and learn the Ross ways first. I also had to take a few tests prior to the second portion of the interview such a drug test and a skills test.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a manager and a leader?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated a decent salary of $40500/ year plus bonus.