Ross Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.5

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Riverside, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by both a store manager and the district manager. Both asked somewhat of the same questions related to current experience with customer service and dealing with clients and coworkers. Both were very nice and made great conversation. Both questioned my ability to handle conflict with customers and between associates.

Interview Questions

• Why have you heard about Ross?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Good interview.. A few basic situational questions then a quick run down of the company and benefits. Expectations, pay, and a get to know me session.. Lasted about 35-40 minutes... Was called by DM a 3 days later to set up second interview which was about the same atmosphere.. I was contacted on a Wed, interview was the next day in person. Impressed by experience and management style so it was more them selling the company to me.. I was then contacted the next day with interview request from Zone Director who wished to schedule but I preferred to get right into it and this was by phone. Another good one on one. Asked about experience and management style and some techniques. Let me know how excited everyone was about me as a candidate. They were all great with a great team. I was contacted a few hours later with an offer. Had to do background which took a week and wanted to onboard me the following week. Sadly, I was sitting on 4 other offers and didn't want them to waste time waiting on my decision considering I had so many great offers...

I wish them all the best and let them know I would continue following the company and if whatever I decide doesn't work out, would definitely look to work for them in the future.. Ross has so much growth and potential and this was a great team of people.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach and resolve conflict?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was maxed out on my offer plus more so no need to negotiate. I would recommend if necessary though and don't jump on the first offer BC you have room for more that includes vacation as well..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my University and interviewed on campus. First met with 2 women from dd's discount then met with a District Manager and a trainee from Ross. The interviewers were very friendly and informative, didn't ask any tricky questions and answered all concerning questions at the end.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Basic interview, asked situational questions as well as ones about character and management experience. Asked lots of questions about what kind of leadership skills I have. Also asked about my work experience. Times that I dealt with conflict or went above and beyond. Hardest part of my job and why? Asked about my best skill and weakest skill?

Anonymous Employee in Flowood, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Flowood, MS) in May 2016.

Interview

I first interviewed with the current ASM. She thought I was applying for a cashier position, but I applied for an Area Supervisor position. She stated at the time they didn't have an opening but may have one in the near future. I interviewed with the Store Manager about a week or two later. Pretty basic interview questions. This was in May and I did not hear back until August. The SM was promoted so the ASM became the new SM and they had an opening for the ASM roll. I interviewed with the District Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very long and drawn out. I interviewed with 4 different people and it took a total of 45 days to complete the entire process. Once I was offered the position it took an additional two weeks to complete the background process. I withdrew my offer acceptance and started with another company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you almost lost a customer; what was the situation and how did you handle it? Why did you choose this approach?   Answer Question

Interview

Went through process of running the store and knowing how to delegate to and how to follow up. Knowing what reports required attention asap and what was a B level task.

Interview Questions

• What are order is most important of the following three... people sales presentation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was cool. The DM out of Chicago interviewed me and she was/ is very nice. Based on my prior experience she felt the Area Supervisor position was a better fit. And she was correct.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever heard of Ross?   1 Answer
    • What could I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Interview

Long hiring process, review communication, strengths, weaknesses, and different aspects of the business. Also closely reviewed your communication and how you would handle tough situations. Know your strengths and weakness.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview for internship. First session with the store manager went well, very casual. Second session with HR people was more professional. Everything went well, connected with them personally.