Ross Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.0

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Winter Park, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

A very long process for a position in retail. I went to five different interviews before I was offered a job within the company only to be treated poorly after being hired

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Strange. Five of us were seated in a circle and the same question was asked of each of us in turn. This happened 4 or 5 times. There were apparently several other groups being interviewed the same day, so competition was intense but there were no private interviews. The company never called to say yes or no to passing the interview. Guess that meant no.

Interview Questions

• Which job do you prefer: Retail Associate or Night shift truck unloading?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

had great conversation with all 10 interviewers all 10 times but was disappointed with their decisions when they advised i was rejected from the process because i was moving a missing part in my experience. Considering i made it that far in the process perhaps they could have screened that lack of experience in advance instead of spending 1 month and half.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, and in-person interview, take about one month.Candidates will interviewed by different managers from Ross. Including store manager, zone directors. Phone interview takes about 30 minutes. Difficult questions behavioral questions and really competitive

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Garner, NC).

Interview

I got a call from a manager, and set up interview. i was so excited because i had worked at Sears for over a year, and that is a harder job then working at Ross. Ross does not have a credit card you have to get customers to apply for, like Sears though. Since i had over a year of retail/cashier experience i kind of went in thinking the job was mine. I interviewed with two men. One was to serious, and the other was serious but a little nicer. I felt like the whole interview process was to serious. They would ask a question like name a time ____ and how did it make you feel. After i would explain, i would forget to say how it made me feel and the one serious manager would always say with somewhat an attitude "Yea, but how did it make you feel?". Or you would answer the question and they would still look at you to keep elaborating. Im sitting there like, i already said a whole lot! Bottom line i had more than enough experience to work there, and they grill you so hard in the interview that it makes you forget things, and nervous. After the interview i did not even get a call or e-mail stating in did not receive the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about you that we would not knowing just from looking at you?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores in April 2012.

Interview

Back in April, 2012 interviewed for a new store opening as Store Manager. The interview was held at a Panera Bread restuarant which was noisey and hard to concentrate. The district manager was rude and abrubt. No indication as to how I did because of the enviornment. No one every returned any of my phone calls. Then in late July 2012, district manager started calling my references and then offered me a position for a new store an hour away as assistant manager. Salary was Firm and when I accepted the position I had to drive to Naperville store for training. On my first day the training manager was rude and made several comments about my age and whether I could handle this position. They put me in a room by myself and told just read everything. When I had questions I could not find anyone to assist me. When I finally was able to ask questins, he training manager was rushed and made me feel "stupid" she rolled her eyes. I did not accept their offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you should get this position.   1 Answer

Due to their training manager who was rude and staff was unprofessional.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

After leaving my job at Macy's the first week of Feb I had an interview with Ross the following week.
    The corporate recruiter contacted me the week before to set up the interview, she didn't tell me exactly where she found my information but at the time I did not think to ask.
    I met her at their office in the high 30's and Broadway. Very nice building.
    I filled out an application (not sure why); never filled out an application for a corporate job, seems silly to me.
    I went in and we went over some basic information - past experience, what I learned from them, what would my previous bosses say about me, strengths, weaknesses, and some situational questions (what would you do if, how would you react in this situation, etc).
    The interviewer was very difficult! She was firing questions at me, not waiting for me to finish my last syllable. It made me so nervous I didn't answer some questions as I wanted to.
    The interview lasted about an hour. I thought it went pretty well despite me answering some questions wrong.
    They decided to fill the position from within which is annoying to say the least.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the biggest challenges you faced at your previous job? How did you handle it? Did you require any help from your colleagues?   Answer Question

Allocation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Dublin, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people. Manager, Sr. Manager, & Director - each individually. Interviews were all approx. 1 hour long. Each person asked between 1-2 questions with multiple followup questions on process and outcome.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with negativity?   1 Answer

Senior Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

It took a total of 3 months. The interview process was a series of 5 rounds of interviews. The first was just with HR to decide if you are a fit for Ross or DD's. The next was with one division and included a senior assistant, buyer and divisional within that area. I came for a 3rd time within the same division and met with the VP. The final interview was with another area within the company and met with a buyer and divisional.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

The interview process was long & intense. They set it up for an hour per interviewer & it's back-to-back. They asked behavioral interview questions asking for examples of my previous projects.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember a specific question but it was behavior based and asked for examples.   Answer Question

They called people that I did not list as a reference and essentially asked them questions like they were one of my references. This was after they called all the references I provided.