Ross Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,025 Interview Reviews

2.0

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple. Manager is nice person. Asked about background and explained about work. Then explained about paperwork and that's all. I have started working within a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waxahachie, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Waxahachie, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Two in person interviews. One with the assistant manager with basic questions about past work experience. and then if you are liked get called back for a second interview with the general manager and he asks questions of like where do you see yourself in the future etc...

Retail Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores in February 2016.

Interview

2 interview process: 1 with the store manager and 1 with the District manager. The process took 2 weeks. The store manager is very nice and friendly. After the in person interview with the store manager, I was called by the District Manager for the phone interview

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions about sales and customer services experience.
      Tell me a time when you make the best customer services. Give 2 examples
      Why Ross?   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Dublin, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very through interview process for a corporate position.

The allocation department requires a 30 minute timed math test to start off with basic retail math. After there are 2-3 rounds of interviews back to back with different groups of managers. Took around 3.5 hours to complete the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time when you had to come up with a solution quickly that you could have better prepared for if you had more time/information.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager and she was up front and very blunt about the work load which I appreciated. She was personable and we laughed about my personal experiences. She then told me " I haven't seen nothing yet" lol. And she was right, I have not. They are big on LP. Make sure to talk about how important internal theft is to you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... kind of questions. Use actual experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

Ask about experience with other jobs. Why you wanted to work for ross. Every easy interview. Very few questions, light hearted easy. Asked about your goals, you hours available. Interview to about 10 minutes. Talked about the requirements of the job and explained how everything worked.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online. The very next day I got a phone call from a manager inviting me to an interview.

Went to the interview. The guy didn't ask me any questions. The only thing he asked was past jobs and and availability. Interview didn't last 10 minutes. I asked him what to expect after the interview and he said he would call or email me within a couple days. I gave him a whole week and called him back when I didn't receive anything.
    When I called him to follow up he said he was "just talking about us the other day and that the store manager had to approve everybody." He also said that "they have been really busy" and that he'll call me the very next day to let me know for sure. Of course I never got anything so I just dropped it.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Orlando, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

It was brief. Took a week until I received a call from assistant store manager. When I went in everything went really quickly. The store manager asked if I had experience and said the job included multitasking and if I can work weekends. After that they hired me and a few days later I went in for orientation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Pasadena, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the assistant manager. She asked me about my baxkground and instantly wanted me to be in customer service. Sjs was nice and she went over the role with me and showed me how I can keep my scanning score high. She offered me the position pendng a background check and I was called three days later to start onboard stuff the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

It was very professional , they are very big on giving a lot of examples. Once you get your foot in the door it's all whatever you make out of it. You can grow within the company very fast.