Ross Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross Stores Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone for an in-person interview. Interview was with 2 managers. Just asked basic questions about work experience etc. It was an easy process. After being hired, just had to do the background check process and stuff

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Greensboro, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a few days later for an interview the next day. Very casual conversation for about 30 minutes regarding my work experience and some examples of things I have dealt with.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2017.

Interview

Applied and they called me the next day for an interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes by the manager and a supervisor. The questions were not hard at all. At the end of the interview he offered me the job. I accepted and waiting on background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if someone asked you for personal info?   Answer Question

Buying Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2017.

Interview

I interview for the summer internship buying position with Bert Stewart via facetime. It was very comfortable and the questions were fairly simple to answer and typical interview questions. I was not given an offer afterward however they were very courteous and did email me to let me know that were going to pursue other candidates instead.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of the fashion trends you have noticed on your college campus?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I got called in for an interview about a week later. Pretty quick and simple. They ask the usual about retail life, they didn't ask why I wanted to work there. They're not big on you knowing the company history beforehand. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The interview process was fast and easy. The manager made me feel comfortable and welcomed. Simple questions like Tell me about yourself and why do you want to work here. I started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve this issue.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Rock Hill, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Always go to stote ask to speak to MOD and say you're checking on appli application. THIS shows you're available and ready to work and they'll set up interview IMMEDIATELY.

Interview Questions

• What's my previous experience   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Alameda, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They called me on Tuesday I came in the next day for interview Talked with 2 very nice people and they hired me on the spot for a new location.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Riverside, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by both a store manager and the district manager. Both asked somewhat of the same questions related to current experience with customer service and dealing with clients and coworkers. Both were very nice and made great conversation. Both questioned my ability to handle conflict with customers and between associates.

Interview Questions

• Why have you heard about Ross?   1 Answer

STEP TEAM Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Canada Flintridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (La Canada Flintridge, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

After filling out an online application and dropping a physical resume off at the store, I was called back during the weekend. The manager asked about my availability, and if I was willing to work a shift (being in the STEP team) that starts at 5 AM. During the interview on the following Tuesday, the manager gave me a bit of company background, asked me questions related to my previous retail experience, and then asked me questions along the lines of "If I put you on the STEP team, can you meet your time and productivity goals? Give me an example of a time where you did something like that at one of your last jobs.". Afterwards, I was told that I should anticipate a phone call at the end of the week (regarding my background check). I was quite nervous at first, but it took until then to realize that he really was going to hire me. It's now the following week, I've done my orientation, and I start my hands-on training tomorrow.

My advice: Do some company research and find some way of using it, to show that you're genuinely interested in the job. Be prepared for as many situational questions (e.g: "What would you do if...", "Name a time where you had overcome a challenge as a group.") as you can, and be confident and energetic when talking about yourself.