Ross Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.0

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burke, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Burke, VA).

Interview

The interview process was easy as I had previous experience as a volunteer store associate at another organization, which aided me to my advantage. The questions asked were mainly focused on my availability and personal information, rather than "typical" competence and experiences questions asked to screen candidates.

Interview Questions

• What were your previous experiences in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was brief; questions were intended to observe your thought process and how you handle a difficult situation. There is no wrong answer unless you do not answer the question at all or redirect it by answering a different question.

Interview Questions

• What actions did you take when an event was not performing according to plan?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

At first I wasn't expecting to get the job because it took almost 3 weeks to hear from anyone about having an interview. The interview process itself was fairly smooth, I got a call and the manager asked me to come in the next day for an interview. Everyone at this particular store is young and around the same age so talking to the manager wasn't very intimidating. I really liked her interviewing style because it felt more like a normal conversation and that really helped eliminnate nerves. She told me that it would take a week or two for my background check, but it ended up only taking a few days.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Good interview.. A few basic situational questions then a quick run down of the company and benefits. Expectations, pay, and a get to know me session.. Lasted about 35-40 minutes... Was called by DM a 3 days later to set up second interview which was about the same atmosphere.. I was contacted on a Wed, interview was the next day in person. Impressed by experience and management style so it was more them selling the company to me.. I was then contacted the next day with interview request from Zone Director who wished to schedule but I preferred to get right into it and this was by phone. Another good one on one. Asked about experience and management style and some techniques. Let me know how excited everyone was about me as a candidate. They were all great with a great team. I was contacted a few hours later with an offer. Had to do background which took a week and wanted to onboard me the following week. Sadly, I was sitting on 4 other offers and didn't want them to waste time waiting on my decision considering I had so many great offers...

I wish them all the best and let them know I would continue following the company and if whatever I decide doesn't work out, would definitely look to work for them in the future.. Ross has so much growth and potential and this was a great team of people.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach and resolve conflict?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was maxed out on my offer plus more so no need to negotiate. I would recommend if necessary though and don't jump on the first offer BC you have room for more that includes vacation as well..

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Colorado Springs, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Brief discussion with manager and then a quick background check and questions. Then we walked around the store and went over what things I would actually be doing. It was very quick and easy and painless

Anonymous Employee in Morrow, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Morrow, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted in front of the store.Since I was being hired as temp, I guess it wasn't necessary to conduct the interview in the back office. I was asked certain questions about if I operated an cashier before and what were some of my experiences in retail. The interviewer also asked me what times will I most likely be available.She also wanted to know what type of worker I was and why I was interested in Ross Dress for Less. She often mentioned that the company is looking for people to grow with the company and that Ross has many benefits to offer its employees.

Interview Questions

• When did you show excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was ok.

Stock Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview 3 days later. The interview was quick and simple. No hard questions. The only thing that took a little while was the background check, which took a little over a week.

Interview Questions

• What was you previous employer and why did you leave?   Answer Question
    • You if didn't finish a task before you shift ended, how would you handle that for the next person coming in?   Answer Question
    • There maybe a time when you are on the sales floor and a customer needs help, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were very easy. They offered me a reasonable pay and were very willing to work with my available hours.

Merchandise Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Went to a career fair at my University and got a first interview on campus. Was asked back for a second, where I had three back to back to back. Process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to take criticism from a superior.
      What are your favorite things to shop for at Ross?
      Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Tyler, TX).

Interview

They ask basic questions to see how you acted in certain situations, to assess your ability to work with people. They will ask about your previous experiences if you have any.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you faced an angry customer?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was quick and straightforward, basic what if questions. Interviewer was very nice and really easy to talk too. I declined since background check took more than 10 days. I accepted another job.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a rude customer.   1 Answer