Ross Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017
1,075 Interview Reviews

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager and she was up front and very blunt about the work load which I appreciated. She was personable and we laughed about my personal experiences. She then told me " I haven't seen nothing yet" lol. And she was right, I have not. They are big on LP. Make sure to talk about how important internal theft is to you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... kind of questions. Use actual experiences.   Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day from the store manager. He went over my work experience, discussed the pay rate and asked why I left my previous employer. He asked to have a 1:1 interview with him the next day. The interview lasted about 30 minutes it was all about going over my experience and what the job entailed. Next step was the interview with the District Manager which was a few days later. He was very nice it was more like a conversation than a interview he was very impressed with my resume and went over a few things from my past work experience and offered me the position immediately.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   Answer Question
    • What is your end goal with the company if you decide to join the team?   Answer Question
    • What would be the hardest part about transitioning to this type of work compared to your previous work?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave too much information.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online. The very next day I got a phone call from a manager inviting me to an interview.

Went to the interview. The guy didn't ask me any questions. The only thing he asked was past jobs and and availability. Interview didn't last 10 minutes. I asked him what to expect after the interview and he said he would call or email me within a couple days. I gave him a whole week and called him back when I didn't receive anything.
    When I called him to follow up he said he was "just talking about us the other day and that the store manager had to approve everybody." He also said that "they have been really busy" and that he'll call me the very next day to let me know for sure. Of course I never got anything so I just dropped it.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Hayward, CA).

Interview

Hired me mostly because of my us army service .He adked me if I got along with everybody.I said I drove an ambulance for 4 years in Oakland ca. Plus I was a combat medic i n the army I always got alon g with everybody young and old and mean too.

Interview Questions

• Am I ok walking alone outside patrolling the perimeter of the mall.   1 Answer
    • Am I afraid of people bigger than me!   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Pasadena, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the assistant manager. She asked me about my baxkground and instantly wanted me to be in customer service. Sjs was nice and she went over the role with me and showed me how I can keep my scanning score high. She offered me the position pendng a background check and I was called three days later to start onboard stuff the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Fountain Valley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an in-person interview a month later. One girl and I were interviewed together. The hiring manager said that they needed to hire a lot for the summer, so the girl and I did not have to compete with one another. The interview process took around 20 minutes.

Zone Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Burbank, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a very extensive (57 questions) test, heavy on Excel. I then received a phone call to set up an interview and made an appointment for the interview. My interviewer was FANTASTIC; we chatted for an hour and a half about Ross, the job and (heavily) just talked about life, which was GREAT. I felt confident when I left the interview. Not cocky, but I felt that I presented myself well and that the interview went well. I was told repeatedly, "It was very nice to meet you." Why am I giving it a thumbs down? I heard NOTHING afterwards. It takes VERY little time to have someone send a form email that says, "Thanks, but no thanks". I don't care that you didn't want to hire me (even though I felt my skill level and personality were a 100% match with the person who would have been my boss), but PLEASE show some professionalism and let me know that I didn't get the job. I found it very rude that I heard nothing. You expect ME to jump through hoops to get a job here? FINE. I will (and did) do that. Have the decency to show some courtesy to me after I put time and effort into applying and interviewing.

Location Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Had my first interview on campus, and then got an email a few weeks later asking for an in person interview in their NY office. Met with 3 people on the team, about 30 minutes each. All were very nice people and got a call a few weeks later for my offer

Customer Service Associate & Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Casper, WY).

Interview

Long, LONG online survey to apply! Got a call within a couple of weeks. Scheduled an in person interview. It was fairly simple. Told me they'd call me back to let me know whether I had the job or not. Took a couple more days and I started within the week.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever stolen from a former employer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Interview was about thirty minutes long with the store manager. The whole conversation was smooth and wasn't a whole lot of question, more of just a natural conversation about what Ross expects out of their employees.