Ross Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,025 Interview Reviews

2.0

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Greensboro, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a few days later for an interview the next day. Very casual conversation for about 30 minutes regarding my work experience and some examples of things I have dealt with.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone for an in-person interview. Interview was with 2 managers. Just asked basic questions about work experience etc. It was an easy process. After being hired, just had to do the background check process and stuff

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2017.

Interview

Applied and they called me the next day for an interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes by the manager and a supervisor. The questions were not hard at all. At the end of the interview he offered me the job. I accepted and waiting on background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if someone asked you for personal info?   Answer Question

Buying Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2017.

Interview

I interview for the summer internship buying position with Bert Stewart via facetime. It was very comfortable and the questions were fairly simple to answer and typical interview questions. I was not given an offer afterward however they were very courteous and did email me to let me know that were going to pursue other candidates instead.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of the fashion trends you have noticed on your college campus?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

First round was a phone screening with HR, who seemed very mechanical. A few months later, I got a call from my recruiter for an in person interview with the hiring managers. It was about 2-3 hours meeting with 2 Directors and 1 VP. Since HR is in CA, it took a while to coordinate. Even then, they seemed very disorganized and told me that HR had scheduled my interview in Pacific Time instead of Eastern Standard Time, which made me a bit nervous, because the interviewers "reshuffled their schedule for me." However, the interview scheduled was sent by HR in a very formal manner with all the time stamps in EST. Anyhow, The interviews were very strange. The interviewers read from a list of questions and wrote down the answers. It was not like a regular conversational interview at all. There were awkward silences in between. I felt like I was interrogated. The interviewers seemed to have no personality except for one. Additionally, the company building was very dated and the cubicles had very high walls in between. Overall, didn't seem like a friendly environment. Very corporate but in all the bad ways - bureaucratic and full of red tape.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Basic interview. Easy and no scenario questions. Asked what hours I was available and told me hourly wage. Asked when I could start and offered me position.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you looking for ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I got called in for an interview about a week later. Pretty quick and simple. They ask the usual about retail life, they didn't ask why I wanted to work there. They're not big on you knowing the company history beforehand. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The interview process was fast and easy. The manager made me feel comfortable and welcomed. Simple questions like Tell me about yourself and why do you want to work here. I started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve this issue.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Rock Hill, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Always go to stote ask to speak to MOD and say you're checking on appli application. THIS shows you're available and ready to work and they'll set up interview IMMEDIATELY.

Interview Questions

• What's my previous experience   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Alameda, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They called me on Tuesday I came in the next day for interview Talked with 2 very nice people and they hired me on the spot for a new location.