Ross Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.0

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Straight-forward, met with several members of the team. HR interview was first, and you are given a retail math test. When meeting with the team, they asked about experience and examples of projects. Mostly situational-based questions.

Sales Floor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Modesto, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone call, no prep time, unspecified questions, kept me waiting forgot I was going to be arriving to busy planning vacation, it's difficult to write any more when that was it

Interview Questions

• None that made sense, mostly about who I knew   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Interview

The usual retail interview questions like TJ Max. And scenarios dealing with customer service like how would you handle a bad customer and what would you do in a emergency situation .... Stuff like that

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Dublin, CA).

Interview

The process took me about a week all together. They called me the day after I applied online and scheduled an interview the week of. Interview was more of scenario questions and what would you do. Took about half an hour and started the next day. I needed to take an online orientation that took about two days but you get paid. It was quite fast all in all. They really keep in touch with you.

Interview Questions

• Scenario Questions regarding how you would handle a customer or a coworker.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The process was easy going. Interviewer was kind and easy to talk to.
    Interview was pretty conversational and fluid. The recruiter asked some behavioral questions, so be prepared to answer all the major questions that they generally ask on an interview.
    I was also asked some fun questions to lighten the mood and gage personality - like what I like to do for fun.
    Overall, interview was about 20 minutes and not too difficult.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Valdosta, GA).

Interview

Simple 15 minute interview on why I would be a great asset to the team. Asked about previous experience and how it could transfer to the current job offer. Also, what my availability would be like since I was in school at the time

Area Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The interview process can be intense. They put you through a manager assessment program. You go through 3 to 4 separate interviews in one afternoon. Each manager will ask you several different questions and you spend about 30 minutes with each manger. You may also be asked to complete a floor walk through and you really need to know retail, profit and loss, and overall company lingo. The mangers will discuss who is ready to proceed to the next step and who will need more coaching and training. You have to complete a MAP every time you wish to move up in the company.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Fill out an application in store, wait to be contacted. Then, fill out questionnaire online. I went in for my interview in slacks, a button up dress shirt and a ride, was offered the job on the spot. Some of the questions I was asked were very strange to me, definitly take a second to think about what is being asked before you start answering.

Interview Questions

• How did a previous skill help you with solving a problem?   1 Answer

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Dublin, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I spoke to someone in HR, and a date was set up. Prior to the interview I was given a test. Then I had two group interviews and one single interview. Overall it was a good experiance.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced an obstacle and was able to succeed   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Interview

Interview

I received a phone interview then they asked me to come in and do a second interview in person and it went really good I told them about my family and what I could bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• they said they had two more interviews and they will call me in two weeks after the back ground check.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked them how much the pay is and that it is part time