Ross Stores Location Planning Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Had my first interview on campus, and then got an email a few weeks later asking for an in person interview in their NY office. Met with 3 people on the team, about 30 minutes each. All were very nice people and got a call a few weeks later for my offer

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Application

Interview

I applied through my college and was asked to do a screening call. Then I was brought onsite at the New York office to participate in 3 separate interviews. Then I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy interview, some interviewees were intimidating and hard to read but overall it was an okay process. They asked a lot of basic interview questions (talk about a time where you made a mistake, strengths/weaknesses,etc.), and some more specific to the retail industry like "what are your favorite brands"

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The first round interview was via the phone, and then they offered to fly me up to New York. In their NYC office, I went through three interviews (I have heard of some people having four) with various planners in different departments and roles. The interviews were all very straight forward. They want to see that you are analytic in nature and can operate on excel in a fast paced environment. There is an excel/math test as well. I interviewed on a Friday, and was offered the position three days later on that Monday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

I met a college recruiter at a career fair and gave her my resume. A week later I got an email requesting an interview on campus. The interview was with the college recruiter, it was pretty easy and relaxing. She asked fashion-related questions, behavioral questions, and questions about my resume. About 1 month later I was invited to interview in their Buying Office in NY. I interviewed with 4 VP's. They were all friendly and pretty relaxed. There were only 4 questions per interview.

Location Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

There was a phone interview with HR, an interview with a manager, an interview with a VP. Sometimes the interview process is much longer, but mine was fairly short. In total it still took about two months from the first interview until the offer.

Location Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Interview process took roughly 4 weeks. I had a phone interview with HR, then was notified within two weeks that I had been moved on to the final round. Final round interviews consisted of 4 behavioral interviews with different managers and current Location Planning Analysts. Very straightforward interview process. They look for people that will fit their company culture.

Location Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The interview process was pretty basic. You interview for about 4-5 hours in one day. First you meet with HR for about 30 minutes. Then, you meet with four other people from different departments. I interviewed on a Tuesday and heard back Friday that I made it to the next round for a background check and they were going to call my references.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

First screened with the HR representative, then scheduled interview with another HR representative and a Planner. The phone interview was pretty standard. Things were more difficult during the in-person interviews. I was grilled on margin calculations, excel skills, etc.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was flown to the New York Buying Office and had 4 interviews, each 30 minutes. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and it was more of a conversation than an interview.