Ross Stores Retail Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross Stores Retail Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

1.8

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied online and was called about two days later with the offer of an interview. The manager who had interviewed me was very kind, and she made me feel very welcome. She asked a few questions and we chatted a bit before she offered me the position, telling me that I accepted HR would email me with some paperwork that would be filled out electronically. After the initial paperwork everything was pretty self explanatory. I had to complete some more online forms, and then I got a call from the manager who let me know the date of my orientation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied online and when it was time to interview I had to reschedule cuzz my daughter was sick, but then I was able to come in so I went to the interview, I got lucky and it was all one on one I was nervous, but the girl I interviewed with made me feel at ease

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you bring to the company that would make you a good asset   1 Answer

Negotiation

It went easily for me and I got the job

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Tyler, TX).

Interview

They ask basic questions to see how you acted in certain situations, to assess your ability to work with people. They will ask about your previous experiences if you have any.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you faced an angry customer?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Chula Vista, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they called me for an interview the next day. It was a group interview, It was less than 10 minutes long. I was asked a lot of, tell me about a time questions and availability. Manager was friendly. What it took a while was the background check.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Interview went well and I was offered a position (I applied for pt/ft daytime cashier but was interviewed for temp nighttime stock) My interviewer (name is Mele) told me the job was contigent on my back ground check and to call her if I didn't hear back within a week. After a week had passed I called her to see what was up. She then informed me that an email was sent, and in order to proceed with my background check I had to first accept the job through the email...I told her I check my email multiple times per day, including the spam folder. She asked for my phone number and said she would call me back with more info. That was a week ago.
    So, not only did I authorize a background check to be done on my application and at the conclusion of my interview, apparently I also had to consent to an email that was never sent.
    I don't care if they found someone more qualified, or if the position has since been filled; I do care that my time was wasted and disapprove of their lack of professionalism. I am still waiting for a call back regarding this email that still has not been sent.
    It is unfortunate for them considering I am an army veteran and businesses are given incentives for hiring vets. After this experience, I will be moving on to better things, happily.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

It went very well, although I had an appointment, I was made to wait for an hour while she had an another appt at the same time, once i got into the interview though, I felt very well, I was confident, had all the right answers, flowed very well and I truly knew they were going to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• What do I bring to the table   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The interview process was longer than I expected based on the reviews I read online. My interview was at least 20 minutes long, with basic retail related questions and questions pertaining to my past employment. The manager was friendly and enthusiastic. One week after applying online, I was given a call by the assistant manager who asked me to go in for an interview. After the interview I was offered a position and waited 2 weeks for the background check and paperwork to clear.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morehead City, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Morehead City, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Very quick. He didn't ask me many questions. Mostly explained the position to me and how the training process goes. He asked me if I could handle being a Front End Supervisor and that was it! Tip: Bring a copy of your resume!

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Sacramento, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy as 1, 2,3. They just ask me about working experience, working hours and also my skills. I got some information about the store and corporate culture. And was informed to start working next week.

Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Gilroy, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It wasn't bad. The manager was nice and helpful when I had additional questions about the job. They asked for work experience, future plans, things we considered flaws, leadership skills, etc. I was offered the job right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one personal flaw?   1 Answer