Ross Stores Retail Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross Stores Retail Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Ross Stores

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied online and when it was time to interview I had to reschedule cuzz my daughter was sick, but then I was able to come in so I went to the interview, I got lucky and it was all one on one I was nervous, but the girl I interviewed with made me feel at ease

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you bring to the company that would make you a good asset   2 Answers

Negotiation

It went easily for me and I got the job

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied online and was called about two days later with the offer of an interview. The manager who had interviewed me was very kind, and she made me feel very welcome. She asked a few questions and we chatted a bit before she offered me the position, telling me that I accepted HR would email me with some paperwork that would be filled out electronically. After the initial paperwork everything was pretty self explanatory. I had to complete some more online forms, and then I got a call from the manager who let me know the date of my orientation.

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2017.

Interview

Saw the ad on Indeed and then called the store about the ad. They got my name and told me to give them a call after the application is completed. So I did that and then got a call for the interview after 4 days. Interview was very easy. Also, the manager was really nice.

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was a piece of cake. It seems like they'll literally hire anyone. I was contacted about two weeks of submitting my application and invited in for an interview. When I showed up for the interview, they asked about my availability and told me that I would undergo a background check. Basically I was hired on the spot (tentatively, provided the background check worked out).

I worked summers here for two years and I am thrilled to be out. In training, you are basically taught to give terrible customer service. You hustle customers through the line and are supposed to call out for the next customer while your current customer is swiping his or her card. You are timed at the register, and faster is always better. There's very little consideration for the customer's experience.

As an employee, things aren't much better. It's $9/hr to be yelled at by frustrated customers (It's no wonder they are frustrated; the practices at this company are awful). Managers would often forget to give me my breaks, and we would often have to stay for hours after closing to do menial tasks. I'm glad to have found a different retail job that treats me like a human being AND pays better.

Interview Questions

• Did you bring your two forms of ID?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Puente, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (La Puente, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was very simple and short; the manager asked question that related to my past work experience and what my personality is like. The manager was easy-going and non-intimidating. The overall vibe is relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Honolulu, HI) in April 2017.

Interview

Last for about 30minutes, three big questions, kind of difficult. But the manager was nice. She just to see my personality I guess. English wasn't my mother language but she tried her best to help me .

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. Although the store was busy so I was asked to wait for about 30 minutes before the manager could start the interview. Basic questions were asked like customer service experience and dealing with difficult customers or difficult situations that can occur in retail.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Sacramento, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy as 1, 2,3. They just ask me about working experience, working hours and also my skills. I got some information about the store and corporate culture. And was informed to start working next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Strange. Five of us were seated in a circle and the same question was asked of each of us in turn. This happened 4 or 5 times. There were apparently several other groups being interviewed the same day, so competition was intense but there were no private interviews. The company never called to say yes or no to passing the interview. Guess that meant no.

Interview Questions

• Which job do you prefer: Retail Associate or Night shift truck unloading?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Chula Vista, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they called me for an interview the next day. It was a group interview, It was less than 10 minutes long. I was asked a lot of, tell me about a time questions and availability. Manager was friendly. What it took a while was the background check.