Ross Stores Retail Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

1.8

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2017.

Interview

Saw the ad on Indeed and then called the store about the ad. They got my name and told me to give them a call after the application is completed. So I did that and then got a call for the interview after 4 days. Interview was very easy. Also, the manager was really nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Puente, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (La Puente, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was very simple and short; the manager asked question that related to my past work experience and what my personality is like. The manager was easy-going and non-intimidating. The overall vibe is relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Honolulu, HI) in April 2017.

Interview

Last for about 30minutes, three big questions, kind of difficult. But the manager was nice. She just to see my personality I guess. English wasn't my mother language but she tried her best to help me .

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied online and was called about two days later with the offer of an interview. The manager who had interviewed me was very kind, and she made me feel very welcome. She asked a few questions and we chatted a bit before she offered me the position, telling me that I accepted HR would email me with some paperwork that would be filled out electronically. After the initial paperwork everything was pretty self explanatory. I had to complete some more online forms, and then I got a call from the manager who let me know the date of my orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied online and when it was time to interview I had to reschedule cuzz my daughter was sick, but then I was able to come in so I went to the interview, I got lucky and it was all one on one I was nervous, but the girl I interviewed with made me feel at ease

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you bring to the company that would make you a good asset   1 Answer

Negotiation

It went easily for me and I got the job

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Tyler, TX).

Interview

They ask basic questions to see how you acted in certain situations, to assess your ability to work with people. They will ask about your previous experiences if you have any.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you faced an angry customer?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Chula Vista, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they called me for an interview the next day. It was a group interview, It was less than 10 minutes long. I was asked a lot of, tell me about a time questions and availability. Manager was friendly. What it took a while was the background check.

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. Although the store was busy so I was asked to wait for about 30 minutes before the manager could start the interview. Basic questions were asked like customer service experience and dealing with difficult customers or difficult situations that can occur in retail.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Interview went well and I was offered a position (I applied for pt/ft daytime cashier but was interviewed for temp nighttime stock) My interviewer (name is Mele) told me the job was contigent on my back ground check and to call her if I didn't hear back within a week. After a week had passed I called her to see what was up. She then informed me that an email was sent, and in order to proceed with my background check I had to first accept the job through the email...I told her I check my email multiple times per day, including the spam folder. She asked for my phone number and said she would call me back with more info. That was a week ago.
    So, not only did I authorize a background check to be done on my application and at the conclusion of my interview, apparently I also had to consent to an email that was never sent.
    I don't care if they found someone more qualified, or if the position has since been filled; I do care that my time was wasted and disapprove of their lack of professionalism. I am still waiting for a call back regarding this email that still has not been sent.
    It is unfortunate for them considering I am an army veteran and businesses are given incentives for hiring vets. After this experience, I will be moving on to better things, happily.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

It went very well, although I had an appointment, I was made to wait for an hour while she had an another appt at the same time, once i got into the interview though, I felt very well, I was confident, had all the right answers, flowed very well and I truly knew they were going to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• What do I bring to the table   1 Answer