Ross Stores Retail Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Puente, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (La Puente, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was very simple and short; the manager asked question that related to my past work experience and what my personality is like. The manager was easy-going and non-intimidating. The overall vibe is relaxed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Strange. Five of us were seated in a circle and the same question was asked of each of us in turn. This happened 4 or 5 times. There were apparently several other groups being interviewed the same day, so competition was intense but there were no private interviews. The company never called to say yes or no to passing the interview. Guess that meant no.

Interview Questions

• Which job do you prefer: Retail Associate or Night shift truck unloading?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not too bad, but it was longer than I expected it to be for a retail associate position. I originally applied for a retail associate position and was called about a day or two later to schedule an interview the following week. When I went in, I was interviewed by the assistant manager. I went in, completed the interview, and was told that I would have a follow-up interview with the manager the next week. When I went in for that one, I was interviewed by the manager; she had a retail associate with us during the interview, but he was just listening. She said she was "impressed" by the way I presented myself and was curious to see if I would be interested in a loss prevention position (based on how I dressed for the interview), which offers higher pay. Of course, I said yes. She told me she would set up an over-the-phone interview for me with the loss prevention manager. I did not hear back from the LP manager, so I called the store I applied to to find out what happened, and the interview was rescheduled for a few days later. I finally completed my third interview with the LP manager and was told he would discuss with the store manager if I would be an appropriate fit for the position. I finally received an automated email three, nearly four, weeks later saying that they were "considering other candidates" for the position.

Interview Questions

• What did you notice about the customers when you walked in the store?   Answer Question
    • If someone with a gun were to rob the store and hold an associate at gunpoint, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Lynnwood, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online for a retail associate position and received a call back for an interview eleven days later. My first interview was with the assistant store manager who told me that they were actually looking for a stock associate, which was fine. Also, she was professional and very clear about the job duties and what was expected. It was a good interview and left me with a good feeling about ross.

I was scheduled for a second interview a couple of days later with the store manager. First off, he showed up 15+ minutes late. Then when I was finally called back for the interview he sat down with his chair turned fully away from me and conducted the interview for several minutes with his back turned to me. He did finally turn around and conduct the interview face to face but was extremely rude and derogatory the whole time. He made sure to emphasize the fact that ross is not at all customer service oriented, that any schedule conflicts meant that I had absolutely no chance of getting the job and that all retailers are only hiring part-time because of obamacare. Overall he was extremely unprofessional and not only did I immediately lose interest in the position (I understand it's part-time retail and I shouldn't expect much but this was completely out of line) but knowing that ross has absolutely no interest whatsoever in their customers I will never shop there again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Sanford, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

I had an interview with the asst manager and HR and both went well. After two weeks, I just received my background check in the mail. I don't have any criminal charges but I did get a ticket for unlawful speeding and no valid drivers license [I didn't know my license were suspended] and this appeared on my background check. Do you think my chances hindered because of this? I mean, I never been to jail for anything and this happened like 2 years ago.