Ross Stores Retail Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

1.8

82 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (DeKalb, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a one 15 minute interview and got offered the job. They were hiring a lot of people for the holidays. It was a young manager who interviewed me. Asked about class schedule as it is in a college town and many people who work there are students. Easy job, they had to let a manager go while I was there as she was unfit to handle the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The interview process was longer than I expected based on the reviews I read online. My interview was at least 20 minutes long, with basic retail related questions and questions pertaining to my past employment. The manager was friendly and enthusiastic. One week after applying online, I was given a call by the assistant manager who asked me to go in for an interview. After the interview I was offered a position and waited 2 weeks for the background check and paperwork to clear.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morehead City, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Morehead City, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Very quick. He didn't ask me many questions. Mostly explained the position to me and how the training process goes. He asked me if I could handle being a Front End Supervisor and that was it! Tip: Bring a copy of your resume!

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Gilroy, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It wasn't bad. The manager was nice and helpful when I had additional questions about the job. They asked for work experience, future plans, things we considered flaws, leadership skills, etc. I was offered the job right after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Sacramento, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy as 1, 2,3. They just ask me about working experience, working hours and also my skills. I got some information about the store and corporate culture. And was informed to start working next week.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Sacramento, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call, got an interview, got the job on the spot. Pretty easy and I was happy. First job ever and the lady really liked me. I was just bubbly and nice. Overall experience was nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Strange. Five of us were seated in a circle and the same question was asked of each of us in turn. This happened 4 or 5 times. There were apparently several other groups being interviewed the same day, so competition was intense but there were no private interviews. The company never called to say yes or no to passing the interview. Guess that meant no.

Interview Questions

• Which job do you prefer: Retail Associate or Night shift truck unloading?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Reno, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online,and I got a call for an interview a few days later. Interview was very straight and to the point. There were two managers in the interview, but I think one of them was just training.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Reno, NV).

Interview

Asked the standard questions. Thankfully no "what are your weaknesses" question (at least in my interview experience). The person who interviwed me was nice and the interview went like a conversation at times.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" and "what are your strengths" type questions. Also, questions like "how have you handled a difficult situation in the past." They'll ask questions about your resume too.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santee, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Santee, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call about two weeks after submitting an application to schedule an interview with the assistant manager. During the interview, I was asked a couple of prepared questions about my work experience and whether I agreed to have a background check submitted. I was extended an offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where a you disagreed with a manager and how you handled the situation.
      Describe a time where you had to work as a team to reach a set goal.   Answer Question