Ross Stores Retail Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross Stores Retail Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Morehead City, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Morehead City, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Very quick. He didn't ask me many questions. Mostly explained the position to me and how the training process goes. He asked me if I could handle being a Front End Supervisor and that was it! Tip: Bring a copy of your resume!

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Sacramento, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy as 1, 2,3. They just ask me about working experience, working hours and also my skills. I got some information about the store and corporate culture. And was informed to start working next week.

Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Gilroy, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It wasn't bad. The manager was nice and helpful when I had additional questions about the job. They asked for work experience, future plans, things we considered flaws, leadership skills, etc. I was offered the job right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one personal flaw?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Sacramento, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call, got an interview, got the job on the spot. Pretty easy and I was happy. First job ever and the lady really liked me. I was just bubbly and nice. Overall experience was nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Strange. Five of us were seated in a circle and the same question was asked of each of us in turn. This happened 4 or 5 times. There were apparently several other groups being interviewed the same day, so competition was intense but there were no private interviews. The company never called to say yes or no to passing the interview. Guess that meant no.

Interview Questions

• Which job do you prefer: Retail Associate or Night shift truck unloading?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Reno, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online,and I got a call for an interview a few days later. Interview was very straight and to the point. There were two managers in the interview, but I think one of them was just training.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Reno, NV).

Interview

Asked the standard questions. Thankfully no "what are your weaknesses" question (at least in my interview experience). The person who interviwed me was nice and the interview went like a conversation at times.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" and "what are your strengths" type questions. Also, questions like "how have you handled a difficult situation in the past." They'll ask questions about your resume too.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santee, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Santee, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call about two weeks after submitting an application to schedule an interview with the assistant manager. During the interview, I was asked a couple of prepared questions about my work experience and whether I agreed to have a background check submitted. I was extended an offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where a you disagreed with a manager and how you handled the situation.
      Describe a time where you had to work as a team to reach a set goal.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Winter Garden, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Winter Garden, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job on Indeed.com and a week later I got a call for an interview. Going into the interview I was nervous because I did not know what to expect. But I went in and stayed true to myself and remembered how to correctly respond to their interview questions that I look up.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Ross?   1 Answer

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Very basic behavioral questions with the manager. Applied online, then followed up in person, then went through the interview. They wanted me to start working right away. I was not ready for it, but took it anyway as I needed the job