Ross Stores Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

1.7

159 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on indeed, got a call a couple of days later for an interview that following week. After the interview, the manager told me he would call me within an hour with an hour and did so. Very smoothly, not nerve wrecking like other interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was very quick and the manager was very kind. He told me what Ross Stores was for, its competitors, and what they strive to achieve before starting the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the best customer experience that you have received or gave?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Plainfield, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

got called and then hired within the week. quick interview, like 5 questions. There really wasnt much to it and honestly it was a pointless interview. they must have been short on people bc it was really quick

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Greensboro, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a few days later for an interview the next day. Very casual conversation for about 30 minutes regarding my work experience and some examples of things I have dealt with.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The interview process was fast and easy. The manager made me feel comfortable and welcomed. Simple questions like Tell me about yourself and why do you want to work here. I started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve this issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Rock Hill, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Always go to stote ask to speak to MOD and say you're checking on appli application. THIS shows you're available and ready to work and they'll set up interview IMMEDIATELY.

Interview Questions

• What's my previous experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was brief; questions were intended to observe your thought process and how you handle a difficult situation. There is no wrong answer unless you do not answer the question at all or redirect it by answering a different question.

Interview Questions

• What actions did you take when an event was not performing according to plan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morrow, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Morrow, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted in front of the store.Since I was being hired as temp, I guess it wasn't necessary to conduct the interview in the back office. I was asked certain questions about if I operated an cashier before and what were some of my experiences in retail. The interviewer also asked me what times will I most likely be available.She also wanted to know what type of worker I was and why I was interested in Ross Dress for Less. She often mentioned that the company is looking for people to grow with the company and that Ross has many benefits to offer its employees.

Interview Questions

• When did you show excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was ok.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was quick and straightforward, basic what if questions. Interviewer was very nice and really easy to talk too. I declined since background check took more than 10 days. I accepted another job.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a rude customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Spring, TX).

Interview

I met with the assistant manager , who is no longer with the company anymore and she was very thorough with the interview. They expect a lot but once you get going, it comes easy. She was easy to get along with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer