Ross Stores Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross Stores Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Greensboro, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a few days later for an interview the next day. Very casual conversation for about 30 minutes regarding my work experience and some examples of things I have dealt with.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The interview process was fast and easy. The manager made me feel comfortable and welcomed. Simple questions like Tell me about yourself and why do you want to work here. I started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve this issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Rock Hill, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Always go to stote ask to speak to MOD and say you're checking on appli application. THIS shows you're available and ready to work and they'll set up interview IMMEDIATELY.

Interview Questions

• What's my previous experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was brief; questions were intended to observe your thought process and how you handle a difficult situation. There is no wrong answer unless you do not answer the question at all or redirect it by answering a different question.

Interview Questions

• What actions did you take when an event was not performing according to plan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morrow, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Morrow, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted in front of the store.Since I was being hired as temp, I guess it wasn't necessary to conduct the interview in the back office. I was asked certain questions about if I operated an cashier before and what were some of my experiences in retail. The interviewer also asked me what times will I most likely be available.She also wanted to know what type of worker I was and why I was interested in Ross Dress for Less. She often mentioned that the company is looking for people to grow with the company and that Ross has many benefits to offer its employees.

Interview Questions

• When did you show excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was ok.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was quick and straightforward, basic what if questions. Interviewer was very nice and really easy to talk too. I declined since background check took more than 10 days. I accepted another job.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a rude customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Spring, TX).

Interview

I met with the assistant manager , who is no longer with the company anymore and she was very thorough with the interview. They expect a lot but once you get going, it comes easy. She was easy to get along with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Tulsa, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was brief. Managers just want to get to know you and do a lot of "tell me about a time" questions. The manager was new also so he was trying to get used to things as well as trying to train someone else for a position that she was getting hired for. They were both awkward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you accomplished something no one else did   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Longview, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

it was intense < mostly different and determined < i was nervous but eye contact helps me succeed and also with a big smile < lol i always attend new task so the questions where aced with flying bright colors !

Interview Questions

• what would you say to a upset customer >?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Beaverton, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

The application process was pretty simple and didn't take too long. I was able to complete the application on my cell phone, which was nice. I got a call back for an interview just 3 days after applying. The interview was the very next day. The interview was very short and I was hired and working within a week after putting the application in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would advise not accepting the job offer. Ross is not a good company to work for.