Ross Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

They called me about a week or 2 after I applied online. I went in for an interview, they told me about the background check. I was extremely excited about this interview. It was the perfect location right in between my home and my college campus. I wrote down my number and the days I was willing to work down for the interviewer. He told me that I'd get a call with the results on Friday. I never got a call so I waited the weekend and called them. I would ask to speak to a hiring manager, ask about a follow-up, they'd tell me they would call back and never did. I did this 3 times because I was so determined to have that job. It was very disheartening. I believe every employer looks for reliability and you yourself weren't reliable. Shame on you for not keeping your word.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Colorado Springs, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Brief discussion with manager and then a quick background check and questions. Then we walked around the store and went over what things I would actually be doing. It was very quick and easy and painless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Waited in the employee break room until I was asked to write my name on a piece of paper. I assume this was the order in which we were going to be interviewed. When I was called in the guy asked about my availability and other questions like why I wanted to be an associate. He said they would call back and tell me if I got the job or not. No call. When I called they asked for my name and number and again never called back. Inconsiderate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Applied online..received callback 3 days later to come in for an interview the next day. Interviewer was very nice , asked about experience and availability. Was given scenarios about upset customers and how would I handle those. Was offered the position by the end of interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on September 25th. On Sept 26th I got a call by the store manager and was asked about my availability. After I said what it was, I was asked to attend an interview and did so on Sept 27th. I applied for a retail associate/cashier position but once we got into the interview, I was told that the only open positions were for seasonal backroom stock associates. That is not what I applied for and if there were no openings for a cashier position, I shouldn't have been called. I feel I should have been asked over the phone if I was interested in interviewing for an alternate position. Anyway, the interview went nice and there were no "tell me about a time" questions. I was told I had a job pending a background check but have since been ghosted by the manager. A week went by which was the time frame given to me for a background check to go through and I received no calls or emails. Upon trying to call the store a few times, I was not able to get in touch with the manager. He was either not there or busy. It has now been 3 weeks since the interview and I have received no further correspondence. I do not know what happened. I was told orientation would begin on OCT 16th but it's now OCT 14th, so I guess I wasn't hired after all despite being told I was. This was a truly awful experience and my time was wasted for 3 weeks which could have been used to apply to other jobs.

Interview Questions

• Let's start by telling me a little about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to work in a fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was contacted almost 2 weeks after submitting my application. After the phone interview, I was invited for an in-person interview the next day. The manager was friendly and laid back. It was probably 20 minutes long. I was asked 4 situational questions which were sort of difficult. I was offered the position that same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you almost lost a customer and how did you handle it?
      Tell me about a time you succeeded and others failed?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview a month later. Went in for the interview and was hired on the spot. Interview lasted less than 10 mins. Came back for orientation ask few weeks later after my background check cleared and started a couple days after that.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Applied to a store that was just about to open. Store floor was used as space for interviews with multiple tables setup with interviewer/manager. Lasted no longer than 10-15 minutes. Asked typical interview questions (tell me about yourself, what are your strengths, how do you stay organized). They also asked about availability because this will determine if you will be able to attend training days.

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call for an in person interview about a week later. She was really nice and just asked basic retail questions. The next day she called me and told me I got the job!

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Interview

The usual retail interview questions like TJ Max. And scenarios dealing with customer service like how would you handle a bad customer and what would you do in a emergency situation .... Stuff like that