Ross Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

1.8

196 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager and she was up front and very blunt about the work load which I appreciated. She was personable and we laughed about my personal experiences. She then told me " I haven't seen nothing yet" lol. And she was right, I have not. They are big on LP. Make sure to talk about how important internal theft is to you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... kind of questions. Use actual experiences.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online. The very next day I got a phone call from a manager inviting me to an interview.

Went to the interview. The guy didn't ask me any questions. The only thing he asked was past jobs and and availability. Interview didn't last 10 minutes. I asked him what to expect after the interview and he said he would call or email me within a couple days. I gave him a whole week and called him back when I didn't receive anything.
    When I called him to follow up he said he was "just talking about us the other day and that the store manager had to approve everybody." He also said that "they have been really busy" and that he'll call me the very next day to let me know for sure. Of course I never got anything so I just dropped it.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Interview was about thirty minutes long with the store manager. The whole conversation was smooth and wasn't a whole lot of question, more of just a natural conversation about what Ross expects out of their employees.

Anonymous Employee in Cinnaminson, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Cinnaminson, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy! She asked me 2 questions, then asked my availability, hired me on the spot. It was a very easy interview I'd do it over if I have to :)

Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Victorville, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for a group interview and interviewed the very next day. There was about 5 people in each group interview. We were brought into an office and asked questions going around the room one by one. Very relaxed setting. Group interviews give you more time to think about how you want to answer each question.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received a phone interview within 2 weeks. I was then invited to an interview at one of the locations I was interested in. The questions were very basic. I got the job but didn't continue with the company after going in for a week. Management changed and she wasn't willing to work with my college schedule. She denied anything the interviewer had agreed to as far as flexibility and scheduling.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2017.

Interview

Applied and they called me the next day for an interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes by the manager and a supervisor. The questions were not hard at all. At the end of the interview he offered me the job. I accepted and waiting on background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if someone asked you for personal info?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

They called me about a week or 2 after I applied online. I went in for an interview, they told me about the background check. I was extremely excited about this interview. It was the perfect location right in between my home and my college campus. I wrote down my number and the days I was willing to work down for the interviewer. He told me that I'd get a call with the results on Friday. I never got a call so I waited the weekend and called them. I would ask to speak to a hiring manager, ask about a follow-up, they'd tell me they would call back and never did. I did this 3 times because I was so determined to have that job. It was very disheartening. I believe every employer looks for reliability and you yourself weren't reliable. Shame on you for not keeping your word.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Colorado Springs, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Brief discussion with manager and then a quick background check and questions. Then we walked around the store and went over what things I would actually be doing. It was very quick and easy and painless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Waited in the employee break room until I was asked to write my name on a piece of paper. I assume this was the order in which we were going to be interviewed. When I was called in the guy asked about my availability and other questions like why I wanted to be an associate. He said they would call back and tell me if I got the job or not. No call. When I called they asked for my name and number and again never called back. Inconsiderate.