Ross Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

1.8

211 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was very interested Hr team are very friendly. I was nervous at start but calm down after getting in the mood. Very friendly environment I would love to work there.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you ? what are your weaknesses? how did you heard abt this kjo   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied online and followed up in person. I received a call asking to come in for an interview within the next few days. The entire process took about a month.

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Sanford, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few days later. I scheduled an interview with an Assistant Manager for the following day and had another interview with the Store Manager directly after (though this seemed to be unorthodox.) They began a background check and I was hired after I passed.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when store procedure worked well for you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you delivered bad news poorly.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager and she was up front and very blunt about the work load which I appreciated. She was personable and we laughed about my personal experiences. She then told me " I haven't seen nothing yet" lol. And she was right, I have not. They are big on LP. Make sure to talk about how important internal theft is to you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... kind of questions. Use actual experiences.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online. The very next day I got a phone call from a manager inviting me to an interview.

Went to the interview. The guy didn't ask me any questions. The only thing he asked was past jobs and and availability. Interview didn't last 10 minutes. I asked him what to expect after the interview and he said he would call or email me within a couple days. I gave him a whole week and called him back when I didn't receive anything.
    When I called him to follow up he said he was "just talking about us the other day and that the store manager had to approve everybody." He also said that "they have been really busy" and that he'll call me the very next day to let me know for sure. Of course I never got anything so I just dropped it.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Interview was about thirty minutes long with the store manager. The whole conversation was smooth and wasn't a whole lot of question, more of just a natural conversation about what Ross expects out of their employees.

Anonymous Employee in Cinnaminson, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Cinnaminson, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy! She asked me 2 questions, then asked my availability, hired me on the spot. It was a very easy interview I'd do it over if I have to :)

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Honolulu, HI) in June 2017.

Interview

Well I was going interviewed at a different location because the location I'm at now is a brand new store that I was hired for. When I arrived and got into the room I was asked about a position higher then my original application. I got to talk a little more on a personal level with the store manager

Interview Questions

• What are my work availability like, what previous retail stores have I work at, and how much I was looking to get paid   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Victorville, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for a group interview and interviewed the very next day. There was about 5 people in each group interview. We were brought into an office and asked questions going around the room one by one. Very relaxed setting. Group interviews give you more time to think about how you want to answer each question.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received a phone interview within 2 weeks. I was then invited to an interview at one of the locations I was interested in. The questions were very basic. I got the job but didn't continue with the company after going in for a week. Management changed and she wasn't willing to work with my college schedule. She denied anything the interviewer had agreed to as far as flexibility and scheduling.