Ross Stores Stock Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross Stores Stock Associate Interview Questions

1.3

Stock Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview 3 days later. The interview was quick and simple. No hard questions. The only thing that took a little while was the background check, which took a little over a week.

Interview Questions

• What was you previous employer and why did you leave?   Answer Question
  • You if didn't finish a task before you shift ended, how would you handle that for the next person coming in?   Answer Question
  • There maybe a time when you are on the sales floor and a customer needs help, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were very easy. They offered me a reasonable pay and were very willing to work with my available hours.

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Austin, TX).

Interview

Easy quick 15 minute interview with the hiring manager asking about past experience and where I'd want to work in the store took them about a week to finally get back to me and offer me the job

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

Took me two days to receive a call after filling out online application. Set up one interview and got called back for another and started working within 2 weeks. It was a very easy interview, the management was very friendly and informing. Making eye contact was a major thing in the interview.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work in a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cicero, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Cicero, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty short,they asked regular behavioural questions. Went in twice and interviews with two managers,was asked after the last interview if I wanted the job. Laid back and easy process. Was told it was a part time role though nothing stated that online,waiting for background check to come through

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to get a job done   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward just asked for experience and past situations that related to my job experience and the current position offered and asked what time of hours I would like to work and explained other positions avalible

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Gainesville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I was called within a week after submitting my application online. Another week later, I had my first interview, which involved an explanation of my job history and experience, as well as some general questions to get to know me. After leaving that interview, I was immediately called back for a second interview with the store manager, which involved mostly the same types of questions. Two weeks later, I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation with a customer? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Easy interview, the process take 1 week,
    It s busy and hard work there, but the negative point was that your doing the job of the fat loss prevention . That really ridiculous , everyone is payed . So they should assume their full responsibility

Interview Questions

• Safety question , presentation of yourself, how to solve problems with your peer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Tuscaloosa, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

We discussed previous work experience. How Ross works and how Ross can sell items cheaper than other retailers. We discussed starting pay. We talked about hours, being part time and how things should be processed quickly and need a good staff of workers. We discussed looking at another position as well, since I had experience with handling money.

Interview Questions

• Did I know how Ross was able to sell their items cheaper than other stores.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (San Jose, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a little bumpy. I applied online, received a call about a week later and they asked if I can come int the next morning. I got there about 10 minutes early an the store wasn't opened yet so they made me wait outside in the cold. The actual interview was really short and simple. I was offered the job on spot and I accepted. I was told that I would be sent some documents through email that I need to sign and then I would be contacted about orientation. It took about a week to receive these emails and I had to keep calling the store because they weren't very good at calling me first. Finally I was called in for orientation and that took about an hour. I started working the next week.

Interview Questions

• What is one situation where a customer was rude to you and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2014.

Interview

When you come in, you are escorted to the back by the loss prevention associate. I had no problem with any of the questions, because most of them pertained to me having the job and not my skill sets.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of working in a fast-paced environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not for pay; there standard is minimum wage; even with experience