Ross Stores Store Protection Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross Stores Store Protection Specialist Interview Questions

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Assistant manager sat down with me for only a few minutes and instantly wanted to hire me for the security position. I then met the GM the next day who also wanted to hire me too. I was supposed to meet the district LP manager, but that never happened. I was working there in about a week after applying.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, I interviewed with a great manager and I am being hired!! Every hiring process in Florida is pretty much typical. The prospective employee has to bring with them the skills to do the job. Everyone has to prove their qualifications in addition to listing them on your resume, you have to be qualified for the job. My interview was great because the manager at that store is fantastic!!! Of course, I have plenty of skills and qualifications for the job!!!

Interview Questions

• Do you know the legal actions you can take against shoplifters?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to do the mental and physical requirements for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was easy and I start with a salary according to my skills, qualifications and experience.

Store Protection Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2016.

Interview

I originally started out interviewing for a retail position, but the manager figured that I would do better as an SPS. I was interviewed along with another person, and it was an easy process. They asked very simple interview questions. She decided to choose me as an SPS because of how I dressed. I figured that a retail company would hire people who care about the clothes they wear, and I was right. There was a second interview with the Area Loss Protection Supervisor. It was about the same level of difficulty. I just had to be honest and sincere about my experience and level of understanding. Now I'm just waiting on my background check to clear, and I can start working.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with difficult customers.
      What experience do you have that could apply to this position?
      Do you prefer to work in a group or alone?
      What is your preferred working environment?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Deerfield Beach, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. Went through usual questions. Asked about myself and background experience. Why i would be a good fit for the position and why they should hire me. Best advice is to go in there and be confident and bold. Let them know how you will be a good fit and how you can impact the business in a positive manner. Show that you can be a leader and are not afraid to tackle big responsibilities in that particular workplace environment.

Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Medford, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was actually a good experience. I was asked about the usual things like work history and such, then talked about some loss prevention and general security questions and scenarios. The store management knew the value of their loss prevention and how much shrinkage was reduced while our presence was felt in the store.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how I would deal with certain loss prevention scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very brief just make sure you are knowledgeable abut there polices on SPS. Also, make sure that you speak on how you have keen eye for things. You are a very positive person and that you know you can make your presence felt in the store.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if saw someone stealing?   2 Answers

Store Protection Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Group interview of 5 and we were asked questions all together with "Who wants to go first?" Make sure your that first person to stand out. Questions were "Why do you want to work for Ross?" and "Do you plan on moving up in the company?" type questions. They basically want to make sure you'll try your best to get promoted and not just want to stay in the same position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked you a question you didn't have the answer to?   1 Answer

Store Protection Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied three months ago, received a call from the store manager asking about my availabity. What was my experience , got an interview for the next day. It seemed like all he really cared about was my availiabity , he was happy to hear I could work any hours.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Pasadena, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I went in for the first initial interview at the Burbank location then was taken to interview to be a part of the Pasadena location. It's been two weeks since then and they still haven't finished my background check.

Interview Questions

• They had a lot of math questions on the application. What is 3/4 of 1/2? And others where you have to find the the pattern in the line of numbers   1 Answer

Negotiation

But I'm still waiting on the background check to go through so that I can go to orientation. It's been 2 weeks, I've been emailing back and forth and they said that my background check is incomplete, so now I'm waiting for a response from HR.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Seattle, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

You have to go through 3 interviews. Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Area Loss Prevention Manager. Show up in professional clothes(even though you're interviewing for Ross). Don't be nervous ,you're not applying for Special Forces. If they called you for an interview it means that you will get the job. Remember the dress code can always help you,you need to look sharp.
    By the way, if you have any questions go and ask one of the Loss Prevention guys ,they will be happy to help you.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. If they as what would you do in this situation,just say it depends on your policies.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's a really good temporary job. Do not go further, even managers don't get enough money.