Ross University Registrar Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross University Registrar Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Ross University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross University (Miramar, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview in my opinion went well. The panel appeared to be engaged with my responses. I was certain I would get a call back, but I never heard anything back from them. I followed-up with my "Talent Recruiter" but after an abundance of messages not return I'm going to conclude I did not get the position.

The panel was great. The opportunity appeared to a solid career move and the education seems to be a great incentive for prospective employees.

Interview Questions

• The questions were behavioral/scenario based questions. The questions were very textbook and geared to anyone that is in the industry.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ross University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross University (Miramar, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I filled out the online application and received a call a few days later to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, I received a call for an in-person interview about 24 hours later. A few days later, I did the panel interview, which was about four separate 20-30 minute interviews.

I actually enjoyed the interviewing process, as you got to meet the people you were working for and working with. However, the order the panels kind of threw the whole interview off. I first met with the hiring manager, a person who was previously in the position and someone who was a supervisor, then the supervisor if everyone in the department, before finally meeting with your potential coworkers. I think because of the order of the meetings, my interview ended a little awkward. I walked out unaware of anything afterwards and because of answering many questions back to back, my mind kind of went blank (I blame myself for that).

I will say that everyone I met was very warm and welcoming. It was a group of people I felt like I would enjoy working with, especially the other advisors. I felt like I bombed my interview with the very first question I answered (I was nervous and I knew that the as soon as the words came out that they were horrible lol), but I pushed through until the end. My interview also started about 15 minutes late because the person who scheduled the email provided me with the wrong address (luckily, I knew exactly where the building was) and also the wrong area to meet (I arrived about 10 minutes earlier and went upstairs, only to find out they were waiting for me to check in downstairs. With some of the questions, I was able to see what the working environment would be like, which would most likely be dealing with students who get upset from time to time. It was great getting everyones perspective on their jobs, as well as how they saw the position being affective for the students.

I too had not heard back from them and was not given an estimated timeline as to when, but I knew after unanswered calls and the removal and reposting of the job advertisement that I had more than likely not received the job. After then, I reached out again just for confirmation (as this was going to affect me moving) and received the e-mail from the talent recruiter. I only wish that I was notified much sooner.

Overall, the team seemed fun and interesting and like a great set of people to work with. I would have loved the opportunity, as their method of advising seemed very unique and exciting. I wish them the best in finding their candidate!

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset student?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • How do you work with other team members? (You will be working with your advisor team AND the team of registrars)   1 Answer
    • What's something that people would not know about you by looking at your resume?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with deadlines and how do you ensure the students will? (Each student has their own deadline and missing something could severely impact their education).   Answer Question
    • How strict are you on policies? (There are times where the students will miss deadlines which will cause them to have to be dismissed and they will ask for loopholes, which cannot be given due to policy).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ross University (Miramar, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a tedious interview process. First with HR person, then an annoying test online, then about 3 in-person interviews at the location. Around 2-3 month process. Interviewers are very friendly though, so that's good.