Ross University School of Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ross University School of Medicine Interview Questions

Interviews at Ross University School of Medicine

2.8

Interview

It was a long process, but they choose the right candidate for the position. They are thorough and you meet with all managers that you will report to. They do in person and phone interviews.

Anonymous Employee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross University School of Medicine in July 2018.

Interview

It was a comfortable and well presented interview... a panel ... who asked questions about past experience and personality questions.... also analytical questions ... open discussion form ... with a few moments of interaction with staff

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ross University School of Medicine (New York, NY).

Interview

Very detailed screening for this one looks only the one time interview I got this job and I had to relocate to the community for they required that I worked different shirts

Interview Questions

• How fast can I learn new skills   1 Answer

Admissions Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross University School of Medicine.

Interview

It was brief 30 minutes phone interview with a representative from Human Resources.
    They just asked a few basic questions regarding my experience and skills and previous work.
    And then they explained the next steps

Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross University School of Medicine (Miramar, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview went well I honestly thought that I was going to be offered the position. It was a panel interview of five and the hiring manager is included in the panel.

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross University School of Medicine (Miramar, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process of two days and meet with about 10 Different people. Very unprofessional, After being told I would receive a call back. I emailing and called staff, no one responded to emails nor phone calls

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, about experiences and interest.
      Also asked what kitchen item would you be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross University School of Medicine (Miramar, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview in my opinion went well. The panel appeared to be engaged with my responses. I was certain I would get a call back, but I never heard anything back from them. I followed-up with my "Talent Recruiter" but after an abundance of messages not return I'm going to conclude I did not get the position.

The panel was great. The opportunity appeared to a solid career move and the education seems to be a great incentive for prospective employees.

Interview Questions

• The questions were behavioral/scenario based questions. The questions were very textbook and geared to anyone that is in the industry.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross University School of Medicine (Miramar, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I filled out the online application and received a call a few days later to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, I received a call for an in-person interview about 24 hours later. A few days later, I did the panel interview, which was about four separate 20-30 minute interviews.

I actually enjoyed the interviewing process, as you got to meet the people you were working for and working with. However, the order the panels kind of threw the whole interview off. I first met with the hiring manager, a person who was previously in the position and someone who was a supervisor, then the supervisor if everyone in the department, before finally meeting with your potential coworkers. I think because of the order of the meetings, my interview ended a little awkward. I walked out unaware of anything afterwards and because of answering many questions back to back, my mind kind of went blank (I blame myself for that).

I will say that everyone I met was very warm and welcoming. It was a group of people I felt like I would enjoy working with, especially the other advisors. I felt like I bombed my interview with the very first question I answered (I was nervous and I knew that the as soon as the words came out that they were horrible lol), but I pushed through until the end. My interview also started about 15 minutes late because the person who scheduled the email provided me with the wrong address (luckily, I knew exactly where the building was) and also the wrong area to meet (I arrived about 10 minutes earlier and went upstairs, only to find out they were waiting for me to check in downstairs. With some of the questions, I was able to see what the working environment would be like, which would most likely be dealing with students who get upset from time to time. It was great getting everyones perspective on their jobs, as well as how they saw the position being affective for the students.

I too had not heard back from them and was not given an estimated timeline as to when, but I knew after unanswered calls and the removal and reposting of the job advertisement that I had more than likely not received the job. After then, I reached out again just for confirmation (as this was going to affect me moving) and received the e-mail from the talent recruiter. I only wish that I was notified much sooner.

Overall, the team seemed fun and interesting and like a great set of people to work with. I would have loved the opportunity, as their method of advising seemed very unique and exciting. I wish them the best in finding their candidate!

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset student?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • How do you work with other team members? (You will be working with your advisor team AND the team of registrars)   1 Answer
    • What's something that people would not know about you by looking at your resume?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with deadlines and how do you ensure the students will? (Each student has their own deadline and missing something could severely impact their education).   Answer Question
    • How strict are you on policies? (There are times where the students will miss deadlines which will cause them to have to be dismissed and they will ask for loopholes, which cannot be given due to policy).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ross University School of Medicine (Miramar, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a tedious interview process. First with HR person, then an annoying test online, then about 3 in-person interviews at the location. Around 2-3 month process. Interviewers are very friendly though, so that's good.

Professional Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross University School of Medicine (Miramar, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Similar to the other reviewer, who interviewed back in 2013, this interview went much the same. Applied online, was contacted by an HR rep, completed an online assessment, went to the on-site interview, and completed an on-site writing assessment.

The on-site interview process is strange. I was told the interview would last up to 4 hours, which is asking a lot for a job in the low 30s, but whatever..it's the market. I wouldn't have minded if I was treated better. They were very disorganized in the actual interview. Instead of having all 6 people meet with me at once, they had scheduled each person to meet with me individually for 30 minutes. Often, they didn't really ask any questions, but told me who they were and what they do and then left after 15-20 minutes. So, I was waiting to see the next interviewer for 20-30 minutes at least. Part of this might be because half of the people I was supposed to meet with were out of the office, so they were scrambling around last minute to find people to interview me. I was a bit befuddled to say the very least. Of the questions they did ask, it was more or less the same three over and over again: What's your dream job, where do you see yourself in 10 years, and do you plan on staying here for a long time. At the very end I was given a writing assessment. The assessment is to prove you can write and to see if you know how to write for a specific audience for a type of document -- nothing too crazy. Surprisingly, I was with the assessment longer than I was with any human being while at the campus.