Roswell Park Cancer Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

3.2

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Roswell Park Cancer Institute (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Brought in to interview with several department heads. They were late and also very unorganized. There was a phone interview and then it took weeks to get an actual date set.

Interview Questions

• The whole experience wasn't thought through and they didn't really know what they were doing. They would randomly ask questions about platforms and marketing techniques that they didn't seem to know much about and were very cold.   1 Answer

Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in July 2016.

Interview

There were two interviewers. They based a few of the questions on my resume/background. They had their questions prepared, and they were going through them during the interview, deciding which of the questions to ask me. They also spent a few minutes describing the job duties. After a few minutes of the beginning of interview, they asked more open-ended questions.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Roswell Park Cancer Institute (Buffalo, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

a face-to face interview in which there was questions such as test our behavior in situations,role play,and the courses I had taken during the semester. Inaction, questions were asked specific to the job description and asked Why I would be a fit to this role.What are my strengths,weakness.

Interview Questions

• What do u want to do after graduation   1 Answer

Senior Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roswell Park Cancer Institute (Buffalo, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviews were done by several people at the same time. I was very scared but prepared. I think I did well. They had a lot of questions prepared and said everyone was asked the same list of questions. They didn't ask me about typing speed or any other "typical" secretarial questions. The job did not sound like a secretarial job in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Roswell Park Cancer Institute (Buffalo, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of meeting with 9 professors for 25 minute sessions. They asked questions related to background and research experience. They also asked typical questions related to interviews. Tell me more about yourself etc

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in November 2013.

Interview

Submission of job application is very simple. A few contact details and resume, cover letter is all that is expected unlike other places where you are made to fill out a series of questions. Interview process was straight forward. One personal interview. After you are hired, there is a background verification step that takes about 10 to 12 days followed by a meeting with HR to discuss the benefits, insurance, and other formal paper work. Mandatory health check up. Once you start work, there is an orientation session.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to briefly go through the lab's recently published research paper and state my views   1 Answer

Research Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Roswell Park Cancer Institute (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

I was selected for a scholarship apprenticeship that turned into a full time job. Its a great place for opportunities.

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roswell Park Cancer Institute (Buffalo, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online on the university career site. Within a couple of weeks I was notified via email of my selection for the interview process.

Initial round was an informal chat with the IT department HR regarding my current course, previous employment and the kind of opportunity I was seeking.

Post this; I was selected for a 1 on 1 interview with the Director of IT team. The interview started with a casual chat, followed by detailed question about my previous work experience and situation based questions on my previous job. This was accompanied by another round of behavioral questions. The entire process lasted an hour and I felt at ease with the approach that the IT director had taken

After this, there was a wait time of 4-5 days and I was called for the final round with the panel. This was a more technical setting as there were folks from the application teams. It was a 4 member team, where 2 of them would ask questions in a sequential pattern while the other 2 members were poised as keen observers with occasional nodding.

The round consisted of a detail review of different sections of my resume and a deep dive into my previous projects and the role I played. This was intermixed with some technical evaluations based on the skill set I had on my resume.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to represent the application architecture on my previous project, with a simple diagram that someone with no background in it could understand   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roswell Park Cancer Institute (Buffalo, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Two interviews. Fist with 4 panel hiring commitee; second with department manager and direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Questions were open ended. One question I remember: if I took everything away from you what three things would you want back.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy; ask for what you want. If they really want you they will agree.

Clinical Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in February 2012.

Interview

Very personal interview, but the best interview I've had in a while. I was actually able to sit in with the other woman who would be my counterpart and see exactly what i would be doign a a daily bases. Very transparent in what i would be doign versus other interviews where you are going around in circles with no clear idea of what you willa ctually be doing.