Rothschild Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

3.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rothschild (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks. Started with an initial phone screening and ended with the usual superday (4 interviews). The interviews were extremely technical besides the one I had with an MD. I generally connected with the interviewers and found out the same day that I had received the offer. I accepted the offer. Analyst previously connected with are still willing to speak to me and give me advice.

Interview Questions

• Given an interest rate of 2% and tax rate of 40% what are the effects on the financial statements for a piece of equipment costing $50,000 bought using $100,000 of debt. What are the immediate effects, and 1 year later?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rothschild

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rothschild in October 2016.

Interview

On-campus full-time interview. Unusually abrasive interview, especially considering how mediocre of a bank Rothschild is. The interview was completely technical, although I know that the guy who was interviewed before me didn't get a single technical question. Doesn't seem like a terrible place to start a career but I would stick to bulge brackets or elite boutiques if you can.

Interview Questions

• How do you come up with assumptions for each step of a DCF? (walk to FCF line by line, talking about assumptions for each step)
      What is the discount rate in an LBO model?
      What is the square root of 2000? What is 7^-4?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rothschild (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

One phone interview for non-core student applicants followed by a superday with 5 interviews with bankers and 1 with HR. Networkings is the only way to get your foot in the door for the interview. There are no structured interview guidelines and the randomly selected interviewers will basically ask whatever questions they want in the interview.

Interview Questions

• How a bond write-off impacts the 3 financial statements   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

They asked your basic technical questions. Seemed friendly and genuinely interested in hiring you. Asked a few fit questions and pretty much asked all the typical interview questions one would expect.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rothschild (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

First round interview with a junior banker (analyst/associate), followed by four interviews with senior bankers. A lot of focus on technical questions. Typical investment banking interview guides are very helpful. It is important to explain why preference for Rothschild vs. bulge bracket, big name banks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rothschild (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I was a non traditional recruiting school so my first interview was a phone interview. Within a week they invited me up to their superday. There was a cocktail hour the night before and in the morning continental breakfast followed by 4 1on1 interviews with different levels of employees.

Interview Questions

• different methods to identifying synergies and how each affect the different statements.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rothschild (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Spring Week interview had a numerical and psychometric first cut. Invited back for a 5 minute presentation to HR and an Analyst, after that quizzed quite technically on the components of the presentation. Next segment was fairly standard CV Grilling with a few technical questions. Analyst was quite friendly and unintimidating, HR was even more friendly and tried to guide us through.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rothschild (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview 1
    - Tell me a story about a time when you showed this skills, or this skills
    - Both asked about when you worked a team where there was a situation of conflict of interest and when you didn’t agree with your team
    - What did you exactly say to this person?

Case:
    - 96%

Case 2:
    - New market entry
    - Creative
    - More random case
    - Less intuitive

Interview 2:

Interview Questions

• Interview 1
      - Tell me a story about a time when you showed this skills, or this skills
      - What did you exactly say to this person?

Case:

- More random case
      - Less intuitive

Interview 2:   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rothschild (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

First round interview for 2015 GFA. 30-min interview and 30-min numerical test at Rothschild's offices.

Interview experience varies hugely depending on who you get. There were 2 groups of us, each group had one HR rep and one Associate. The ones in my group got mainly competency based questions, whereas the ones in the other group had technical questions including LBO, brain-teasers etc.

Numerical test - They say you have 30 mins but in reality you have about 10-15mins for 20 questions (standard SHL type). Most of us did not finish on time.

Second round interview - Interview with a panel of bankers and a solo presentation.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rothschild (Mumbai (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was very quantitative and several logic questions which were something I was prepared for. I was surprised they didnt ask me why I wanted the job or what my interests were etc. They were only concerned with my analytical abilities

Interview Questions

• What is the minimum number of times you need to cut a cake to have 8 equal pieces   1 Answer