Rothstein Kass Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Beverly Hills, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

email resume, call from hr, call from hiring mgr, no offer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was brought around the office by an Associate and then she interviewed me. Then I was interviewed by a Senior Manager. Lastly, I was interviewed by a Partner of the firm. It was exciting to be talking to all levels of the department. I was called back in about two weeks by the Human Resources department at which time they extended me a full time offer for next year!

Interview Questions

• What excel functions can you do?
      Explain how you can gather and sort data through the use of excel functions.
      What extra-curricular activities are you involved with outside of work?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Pres-screening phone interview with human resources then two separate 1.5 hour interviews. Each face to face interview slot consisted of meeting three individuals who currently worked in the division I was applying for. The interview panel consisted of directors and peers. All interviewers had a mostly conversational style of interviewing rather than reading through a list of questions.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Roseland, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview at the firm was pretty chilled and easy. All the people I met with made me feel comfortable and seemed like they had a life beyond their accounting job. This made me really like the firm because it seemed as if the whole atmosphere there was the same way.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

The first step was to be contacted by an experienced recruiter at a local Consulting Firm. The next step required the completion of an application. Afterwards, an in-person interview was conducted with two different partners separately and then with a senior manager. The interviews required good listening skills and the ability to ask good questions. It also required being able to explain why one would be a good fit for the company.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Roseland, NJ).

Interview

company screened my resume on campus website and I got an on-site interview. After about 2 weekes, HR called me and gave me my offer. Several days later I received hard copy of offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for RK? What is your interest? Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass.

Interview

I applied for this position through my school's career network. There were only a few people being interviewed because there were only a few time slots. The interviewer was very casual and nice but did ask me questions regarding my resume and also my leadership skills. The whole interview lasted for about 30 minutes.

Audit Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Walnut Creek, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied to RK after doing their summer leadership program earlier in college. I emailed the HR manager and they were very friendly in setting up an interview during their on campus interview period. On campus interview was one on one with a Staff auditor from their socal office, took about 2 weeks for them to call back and offer a second round interview at the office I was applying for. I was unable to make their initial desired time period however they were very courteous in postponing until a time that worked for both of us. The second round consisted of three one on one interviews in the office, with two audit managers and a partner, followed by lunch with a staff member. The interviews generally revolved around discussing company culture and the responsibilities of the position, as well as my expectations and why I wanted to join RK and be a CPA. Everyone was very friendly and clearly cared about learning about me personally and whether I would be a good fit, culturally, professionally, and work-ethic wise, for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe, to your understanding, what a hedge fund is   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself/ why you want to work with RK   1 Answer

Negotiation

received a call shortly from HR with an offer and accepted promptly, though they said they generally give candidates around two weeks to accept an offer. Terms were already set, not much room for negotiation, however they pay very competitively with very good benefits, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

Interview

they focus on soft skills rather than technical. they want the right personalities to join their firm, someone who they see would make partners down the road and be able to bring in business.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

signing bonus

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Interview

It consisted of resume and cover letter. there were on campus interviews then second round intervews at the office with about three diferent people. it was difficult but no more dificult than any other accounting firm