Rothstein Kass Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rothstein Kass Interview Questions

2.5

Tax Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass in May 2008.

Interview

I obtained the referral from a current employee. I spoke with two partners and two human resources representatives who were very friendly and informative. It was an enjoyable experience.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass in September 2010.

Interview

It was a basic first round interview. The interviewer was very nice and didn't ask too many difficult questions.

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2008.

Interview

First round interview at a school with a senior auditor. Then I was called into the main office where I interviewed with 3 people, 1 of which was human resources. Then got taken out to a lunch and an office tour. I had to wait a couple of week until they called me to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really hard was asked.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Interview

Was invited to a on-the-site company tour/networking event the day before. Went in for an interview at the university recruiting center and was asked questions regarding my experiences on the resume. We also talked a lot about the firm culture and specialty (hedge funds!!!) They are very proud of their company, and very specialized in the financial services industry. You aren't required to be well-versed in finance, but it will help. Also, the training is excellent, and make sure to be engaged about their familial company culture, which my interviewer pointed out as the number 1 best thing about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about this past job experience on your resume.   Answer Question

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Dallas, TX) in October 2007.

Interview

basic

Interview Questions

• no hard questions. just communication   1 Answer

Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Beverly Hills, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I thought it was easier than most job interviews, although I had to wait for over a half-hour for the managing partner to come out of his meeting. He was nice and courteous.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how accounting has helped me in my life. I answered it satisfactorily since I got the job, although, I thought it was a strange question.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Roseland, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

They do superdays, which is 5 half hour interviews. One is a walking tour, one is a casual conversation, and the other three just get to know you. Some basic questions, some interesting questions. Based on who the interviewer is.HR is great and they are extremely good at what they do.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know how to use excel, what types of coding do you know? I don't think they expected enormous amounts, but it was unexpected for them to ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I accepted what was offered.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position through my school's website and was contacted for an interview the next week. The day before the interview, the firm held a social at their offices. A staff member was tasked with showing the attendees around and when we left the lobby and kitchen areas to see the "production room floor", she told us that this was where the "grunts" worked. Having studied Political Science for my undergraduate degree, I am admittedly very sensitive about being exploited as a worker, so when she called the associates "grunts" I mentally recoiled. After touring the grunt office, we ended up back in the lobby for snacks. That's when the partner-in-charge stepped off the elevator. He was greeted like a rock star. Everyone gathered around him to hear about how he'd broken his ankle playing soccer, how the culture of the firm was the greatest in the land, how accounting was about helping people and how the partner was looking forward to an evening of drinking with the female associates down at his favorite sports bar. When he asked the candidates if we had any questions, one guy who I'd had a few classes with asked, "Everyone here just seems so happy, it's amazing. What's the secret to that?" The answer, of course, was that Rothstein Kass was a wonderful place to work. Then I asked the partner, "What is it that continues to make accounting interesting for you?" How this stumped him, I don't know, but he complained about how he didn't know he'd be the one getting interviewed. My fate was sealed. The head recruiter didn't seem like the type to rock the boat by hiring a potential trouble-maker. When I had my formal interview the next day, the firm was half an hour late to start, no difficult questions were asked and I could tell it was just a formality since the appointment had already been set. When the recruiter emailed me that I had not been selected for a second round interview, I asked whether she'd be willing to give me any feedback about where I fell short. She never responded. The guy who'd asked about the happy people got an offer.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online through campus Career Services website. On campus interview was a 1-on-1 interview with a person from the firm. The first round interview was very easy going and conversational. Was invited to a second round interview at the office, which was 4 interviews with various Associates, Seniors, and Managers. Again, the interviews were very conversional, with maybe 1 or 2 behavioral type questions total (across all 4 interviews). Overall it was a very pleasant experience, all people I had contact with were extremely friendly and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions

• Why Rothstein Kass?
      Why Audit?
      Describe a time when you demonstrated leadership.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Roseland, NJ) in August 2008.

Interview

very professional and good impression (albeit a false one), office environment was very good, good description of benefits and salary, recruiter was pleasant, clear discussion of job duties as well as the industry

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for RK?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much with salary, "take it or leave it" mentality