Rothstein Kass Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rothstein Kass Interview Questions

2.5

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Beverly Hills, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

email resume, call from hr, call from hiring mgr, no offer

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Mock Interview

Easy Going Lady asking everything on your resume.
    Extra Questions:
    1. If something could have done to change your past, what do you want to change?
    2. Why do you choose that college?
    3. What will you do on the weekends? (describe in detail)

Advice:
    1. Maybe it will be better if you could talk sth about hedge funds, which is what they famous for.

Accounting Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Austin, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Everyone here is very welcoming. I had an on-campus interview which was very relaxed. They mostly went over your resume, why you were interesting in their company, and if you had any questions for them. Definitely go prepared as to why you would rather work for a mid-market accounting firm than a Big Four firm.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Roseland, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

They do superdays, which is 5 half hour interviews. One is a walking tour, one is a casual conversation, and the other three just get to know you. Some basic questions, some interesting questions. Based on who the interviewer is.HR is great and they are extremely good at what they do.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know how to use excel, what types of coding do you know? I don't think they expected enormous amounts, but it was unexpected for them to ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I accepted what was offered.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Beverly Hills, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

very easy going conversation, no tricky questions nothing to throw you off. the lady was very friendly and we just began a natural conversation about the weather and my school and then she asked me about my favorite thing on the resume, and what i would do in an ideal world.

Interview Questions

• not very difficult... what is your favorite thing on the resume?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Interview

Was invited to a on-the-site company tour/networking event the day before. Went in for an interview at the university recruiting center and was asked questions regarding my experiences on the resume. We also talked a lot about the firm culture and specialty (hedge funds!!!) They are very proud of their company, and very specialized in the financial services industry. You aren't required to be well-versed in finance, but it will help. Also, the training is excellent, and make sure to be engaged about their familial company culture, which my interviewer pointed out as the number 1 best thing about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about this past job experience on your resume.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Roseland, NJ) in August 2008.

Interview

very professional and good impression (albeit a false one), office environment was very good, good description of benefits and salary, recruiter was pleasant, clear discussion of job duties as well as the industry

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for RK?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much with salary, "take it or leave it" mentality

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Dallas, TX) in October 2007.

Interview

basic

Interview Questions

• no hard questions. just communication   1 Answer

Tax Staff Interview

Interview

Submit application through school career center, invited to on-campus Interview, then second round for office visit.

Interview Questions

• Casual environment, asked how can contribute to the company.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass.

Interview

I applied for this position through my school's career network. There were only a few people being interviewed because there were only a few time slots. The interviewer was very casual and nice but did ask me questions regarding my resume and also my leadership skills. The whole interview lasted for about 30 minutes.