Rothstein Kass Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rothstein Kass Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Roseland, NJ) in August 2008.

Interview

very professional and good impression (albeit a false one), office environment was very good, good description of benefits and salary, recruiter was pleasant, clear discussion of job duties as well as the industry

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for RK?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much with salary, "take it or leave it" mentality

Audit Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Walnut Creek, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied to RK after doing their summer leadership program earlier in college. I emailed the HR manager and they were very friendly in setting up an interview during their on campus interview period. On campus interview was one on one with a Staff auditor from their socal office, took about 2 weeks for them to call back and offer a second round interview at the office I was applying for. I was unable to make their initial desired time period however they were very courteous in postponing until a time that worked for both of us. The second round consisted of three one on one interviews in the office, with two audit managers and a partner, followed by lunch with a staff member. The interviews generally revolved around discussing company culture and the responsibilities of the position, as well as my expectations and why I wanted to join RK and be a CPA. Everyone was very friendly and clearly cared about learning about me personally and whether I would be a good fit, culturally, professionally, and work-ethic wise, for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe, to your understanding, what a hedge fund is   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself/ why you want to work with RK   1 Answer

Negotiation

received a call shortly from HR with an offer and accepted promptly, though they said they generally give candidates around two weeks to accept an offer. Terms were already set, not much room for negotiation, however they pay very competitively with very good benefits, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass in March 2012.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and easy going - I was asked about things on my resume, why do you want to work for them and what you are expecting from this job. It lasted about 10 minutes and ended with good impression.

Know your resume, feel comfortable to talk about yourself, smile and be positive.

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

Interview

they focus on soft skills rather than technical. they want the right personalities to join their firm, someone who they see would make partners down the road and be able to bring in business.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

signing bonus

Tax Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by someone from HR. The interview process was very easy going. The interviewer was very warm and welcoming. The work culture seemed as if it would be great.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Beverly Hills, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

First round interview was on campus 2 weeks ago. I told them I needed to hear back quickly for school purposes. A week later, got a call saying I was invited to 2nd rounds in the office. They asked me to come back this week (today). Went in and had 5 back-to-back interviews. 3 managers, a partner, and an HR person. Everyone was super chill and the whole process was very laid back. Behavioral Qs in the first round, 2nd round was just getting to know you (I didn't get behavioral questions at all). Got a call tonight with my offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is leadership to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't even try-dont negotiate internship pay!

Internship-Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Alumini came to ask and pretty friendly. The question about Why did I choose my college ? And why I choose RK?...Why I want this job? My teamwork...and my financial internship before. The most important is to fit its company culture and show that you are energetic !

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Interview

It consisted of resume and cover letter. there were on campus interviews then second round intervews at the office with about three diferent people. it was difficult but no more dificult than any other accounting firm

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

Interview

The first round took place at my university. It was very straight forward. The initial interviewer was basically looking to see if your personality would fit into her company's corporate culture. After about a week I received a call from HR informing me that they would like to invite me in for a second round. The second round consisted of an office tour with an associate, an interview with a manager (basic behavioral questions were asked) and two separate HR interviews.

Tip the interviewee - Be well informed about the position you're interviewing for and try to leverage your strengths towards that position when answering questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Standard package was offered. However this company does pay overtime!

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rothstein Kass in April 2010.

Interview

very easy and relaxed