Roto-Rooter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Roto-Rooter Interview Questions

2.0

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roto-Rooter (Dayton, OH).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the same day. After about 4 emails, an interview was setup for later in the week. I was made to fill out the background check document before my interview, which began about 15 minutes late. It should be said that the interviewer had no one in his office as I sat and waited for my interview to begin.

I was asked no questions as to my abilities or background. The entire interview was spent with the interviewer telling me about the position. I feel like they would have hired pretty much anyone with a pulse.

Interview Questions

I didn't want to buy my own van. The position is 100% commission. Based on the interview, I feel like they would have hired anyone.

Plumber/Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Roto-Rooter (Staten Island, NY).

Interview

It was good they new I had a high skill set. And were very aggressive in hiring me. They wanted me more then I wanted to work for them. Best move I made was coming to Roto-Rooter!!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Roto-Rooter (Chatsworth, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was sat down in an office with a very grumpy older gentleman and asked about my experience level. I answered all of his questions and he said he would recommend me to the management. He also told me people rarely last more than six months. He seemed very dissatisfied to even be in the room, the environment was very depressing and there was some writing on a white board about different generations of people and how they communicate. I told him I wasn't a salesman and that I didn't want to be a salesman, and he assured me they everything they do is legitimate. Which was the first lie I was ever told while working for Roto-Rooter.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been doing this.   1 Answer

Asssociat Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Roto-Rooter.

Interview

vigorous interview process. I spoke to 5 different managers including the General Manager. Drug test and background test requirement. Overall the interview went well and I am excited about joining the team.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Roto-Rooter (Lombard, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview with supervisor who was very nice. Week later, had interview with dispatch manager who was very informative and really made me feel comfortable. Last interview was with the big boss, he broke down the whole work environment

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Roto-Rooter (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed boss was fantastic he was explaining to me all I need to know I thanks to Denny's. He was a very good interview boss . I never met guy like him I was proud of myself to meet this kind of people

Interview Questions

• do I have any expedience off plumbing   1 Answer

Water Restoration Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romulus, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roto-Rooter (Romulus, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in for an interview with the HR lady. She was very nice and explained things as best she could. But before my interview the head of the "department" supervisor was there and started asking me what I was applying for. He made it clear that he ran a tight ship, I would be on call 24/7 with the same pay at $11 am hour, I would be in all types of messes etc. I was OK with that, not happy with the pay but was still considering it. He then told me he required that his "techs" be clean cut, not clean nice shaved go-tee's or mustaches etc, but I would have to shave off all of my facial hair and take out my earrings to be able to work for him. He was very rude about it. I was offered the job but declined.

Interview Questions

• Would I be available 24/7 on call   1 Answer

Rude department head, too many restrictions such as shaving every bit of facial hair

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Roto-Rooter (Modesto, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Basic, there was nothing special about it. Came in sat with the manager asked very few questions , nothing that was out of the norm. It was really based on personality. Being a female in a predominantly male industry; Can you carry your own?

Interview Questions

• General question; Tell us about yourself? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Plumber/Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jessup, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Roto-Rooter (Jessup, MD).

Interview

I learnt this job through referral. I have friends who work this Co. I submitted my application provided and made appointment for personal interview.We have to pass drug test. we have to have state issued valid driver license. Start the job we have to have sandwich board training for three months.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question during the interview, but we have invest about US$30,000 to start work.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roto-Rooter (Mission Viejo, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with one person only. She was very sweet and did not create a particularly challenging interview. Asked pretty generic questions about overcoming obstacles in the workplace, working with others, and stress management.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you have faced in the workplace and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question