Round Rock Independent School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Round Rock Independent School District Interview Questions

Interviews at Round Rock Independent School District

2.8

Special Education Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Round Rock Independent School District.

Interview

It's ridiculous because they have to ask each applicant the exact same question, therefore they cannot really get to know the applicants. It is very hard to get an interview with this district. Do NOT just apply online! Go into the schools you are interested in personally, ask for the Principal and tell them you want a job! Take video resumes and give them to the person at the front desk - be sure you know the name of the person making hiring decisions for you position. Also, email them with a link to that video you put on the DVD so they can quickly link to it that way. Be creative and hit the pavement!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you spent a lot of your own time being creative on your lesson plans and your department chair told you you cannot use these wonderful plans in your classroom?   1 Answer

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Round Rock Independent School District (Round Rock, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was brief as interviewer was familiar with my work. I advised them of the type of groups I coordinated that included students who had relocated, failed one or more classes, whose parents were divorced, or with addictions. Also coordinated educational groups and social skills groups

Interview Questions

• Describe "a typical day in the life an drop out prevention school worker"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Think twice before giving an answer.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Round Rock Independent School District (Round Rock, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a nice school and the people were very, very, very nice and friendly. The school is very, very, very clean. I liked the school very much. They called me in for an interview, and I answered questions, we visited. That's about it. That's all I can say.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my work experience.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Round Rock Independent School District (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Was called in for an interview less than a week after I applied for the job. Was told 120 other people had also applied. Was interviewed by 3 people (principle and two vice-principles). Questions were asked from a list that they had printed.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Round Rock Independent School District (Round Rock, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Don't just fill in the application and attach your resume. After you do that, go to the school and find out who the decision makers are; i.e. the Assist. Principal and Dept Chair of the Dept you are applying for, Lead Principal and his/her secretary. Contact them! Email is good since it is difficult to get them via phone. Ask the front desk person to put your resume/cover letter/PERSONAL NOTE in their boxes. If you know someone in that school ask them to help you meet these ppl. Be creative! Getting the interview is half the battle!

Interview Questions

• They asked scenario questions that have to do with my job plus they always ask to tell them about your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Round Rock Independent School District (Round Rock, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

There were around 5 of 6 people asked questions. I got a call that they found a better candidate. The assitant principal tried to be nice but it was so annoying because I didn't have to hear his long explanation that the other candadite has awsome job experience but I don't. What a rude principal. He doesn't have to say that It was a difficult decision and brag about his perfect choice. Instead, he just could say that we found a candidate who better fit for our school.

Interview Questions

• What is the important think to be considered to be an effective teacher?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Round Rock Independent School District (Round Rock, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

Interviewed for 3 different positions with the district.
    All interviews were 2 or 3 principals. They asked many questions and took notes.
    They questions were basic and not overwhelming. They focused on treatment of students, education thoughts, hypotheticals, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Round Rock Independent School District (Round Rock, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I was given a copy of the school's AYP data 10 minutes before the interview started. I was asked to review the data and come up with some plans on which areas the school needs to show improvement. The questions focused on how to use different data sources to drive instruction, how do I forge relationships with students, and what are teaching methods I use in my classroom that deliver the most success.

Interview Questions

• Why do students fail your class?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Round Rock Independent School District (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

All positions are listed on the district website. Upon submission of an application, HR reviews the application to ensure the applicant meets the job requirements. All interviews are conducted by committee. All interviewees are asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• No education theory questions. Most questions dealt with "how would you handle this situation." Additionally, the interview questions asked about how I get along with "team" members.   1 Answer

Negotiation

RRISD does not negotiate with teachers. The listed salary is what you get. Additional money can be earned by coaching and taking on after school clubs.

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Round Rock Independent School District (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Went to RRISD job fair and got an interview at the fair and job offer in same day! There are a lot of schools, some were ready to hire, others were just accepting resumes.