RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview process was normal. Phone interview and then one in person with a department supervisor. Not a difficult process and nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable on the phone?   1 Answer

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I was out of town for a contract position and had an initial interview with the recruiter that went very well and she set up an immediate phone interview with one of the sales managers. That also went very well and they told me they wanted me to do a face to face interview when I got back to Charlotte.

Fast forward two weeks and I show up for my face to face. I waited well over a half hour to see the sales manager because they overbooked (according to him), which was no big deal, but a little odd to me. The interview with this sales manager went very well and ended on a good note. I sent a follow up email to the recruiter with positive feedback, and she replied in kind. The word I got was "I hope to have something positive soon so we can move forward". That didn't happen, so I followed up and got the same response with an added "Email me Friday afternoon if you haven't heard from me and I will follow up with them". Still nothing and no response to my email that Friday so I followed up the next week and she replied the second day tell me she was sick and to check back, again, at the end of the week. Well, you can guess what happened next. So the following week I just emailed the sales manager I interviewed with and had positive things to say, but basically said it would be nice to know either way.

Needless to say within two days I received a very generic decline email from the recruiter, whereas previously she had been very personable and friendly.

I have almost 15 years in financial services industry experience so this job would have been a good fit and initially I was excited about what I was told about the culture of the company. I was also told about the amazing success and their eagerness to expand and their plans for growth through January. One can only wonder at the level of professionalism though when you get this type of "ghosting" from the recruiter which shows a severe lack of professionalism.

Does this mean they are a horrible company? No. However, this experience overall left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic. Not difficult at all.   1 Answer

RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Response

Dec 1, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Hello, I am very sorry to hear this as we really set out to make every interaction a positive one. We appreciate your feedback, though, and will use it as an opportunity to learn and continue to ... More

Mortgage Originator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with HR just to answer some basic questions, I was really impressed with how much knowledge the HR dept had on the position I was applying for and if my skills actually fit the position. I then got a call back to schedule a in-person interview. My interview was very comfortable and laid back. It was a making sure you're the right fit for the job and understand what I'm hiring you for type of interview. The interviewing manager answered all my questions and told me I would hear from HR shortly. It was a quick and easy process I received a call from HR a few days later and a email with my offer letter as well as disclosures for background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable interacting with people on a daily basis.   1 Answer

Default Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing.

Interview

Normal interview process, phone with recruiter, then in person with manager. Never was given a call back either way and emails/phone calls were not returned by recruiter after talks of a position and salary. Seemed very unprofessional.

Investor Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a Standard interview. The only thing is that the managers were young. They also discussed about how they micromanage. Which anyone who has taken organization psychology knows that you do not micromanage these type of workers. I encourage everyone to read the employee reviews. They are absolutely correct. I believe that if they hired the right people for the job then the company would do better. The interviewers did not know any metrics for the performance of the company and could not answer some of my questions, which I know upset them and put me into a negative light. I was happy about the interview but after meeting with the managers I am glad I did not get the position. The managers do not seem knowledgeable in accounting.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weakness, What managing styles do you prefer a manager to use. Conflict with a coworker or boss.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy. You fill out the app online then a recruiter will call you to schedule interview with call center supervisor. You will enter with two of them then you will write an essay to answer one of the four questions you can choose from then you will have an interview with the VP over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a great asset to this company?   1 Answer

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing (Charlotte, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was three weeks from start to finish, including: an application, three interviews (one phone interview and two 1:1 interviews), and a background check. Offer was made with a start date 3 weeks out giving adequate time to give notice to current employer. Overall was a great experience!

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?
      How do you deal with pressure or stressful situations?
      What are your salary requirements?
      Discuss your resume.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The process was not difficult. First, there is an interview with a manager in the office, then later an interview higher level manager via the phone. Also, there is a writing test during the first interview where they ask you to answer 3 questions. Each answer must be .5 page long.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you should have handled a situation with a customer better.   Answer Question

Portfolio Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing in November 2014.

Interview

I Initially applied online. I had a phone interview with a recruiter to gauge my interest in the position and to ask minimal questions about my previous work history. I accepted a face to face for the next day. Upon arrival, I met with the VP and the AVP. The interview process was fairly easy. I have never had the opp. to meet with a VP or AVP of any company, and to be able to sit across from them and have an interview, to me, was out of this world! They were very down to earth and personable. I had previous experience in the industry, so speaking on my experience was like riding a bicycle. The following week I received an email for an offer along with instructions for a background check and drug test. All completed in a timely manner considering the Thanksgiving Holiday. I received clearance from HR the following Tuesday.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing (Charlotte, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview really not that scary. I think they just wanted to make sure you were a normal person. They ask direct questions from past positions. They also wanted to make sure you could write. Had to write a paper from a passed experience.

Interview Questions

• Why RoundPoint. Why are you that Person that we would like to hire?   Answer Question