Routledge Editorial Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Routledge

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Routledge (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Spelling and grammar tests, two interviews with multiple employees, many questions regarding personality and work ethic, business dress code, follow up training classes once hired, HR contacts with offer once hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Routledge

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Routledge (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, 1:1 with an editor. You're given a editing test, spelling test, an exercise on how to prioritize a list of tasks, and you discuss it with the editor as a way of outlining what the day-to-day of the job is, as well as the long term goals of whatever list you're working on. Took an edit test home -- had to write back cover copy for a book.

Would recommend familiarizing yourself with the subject area of what you'd be working on, and with higher ed news generally.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, can't advise further.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Routledge.

Interview

Two interviewers - both very friendly. Asked various competency based questions and how I would deal with certain situations in the role. Example - you are working on task A, but are then asked to work on task B and C. Which do you do first and why?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.

When was the last time you taught someone something?

Who are our competitors?   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Didcot, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Routledge (Didcot, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Received invitation to interview within a week of applying, interview that week, had a response two working days after. Very friendly - met with two senior members of staff, very comfortable talking to both of them.

Interview Questions

• Typical situational questions like "Give us an example of a time when", questions about the market and about my previous experience.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Routledge (Abingdon, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

I submitted the application on-line. I was invited to interview. The first interview was with two people. Questions were asked about my familiarity with the list and subject area. There were a lot of questions like "tell us about a time when..." and questions about past jobs. The second interview involved a writing task and questions about product pricing.