Rovi Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rovi Data Scientist Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rovi in July 2015.

Interview

An initial phone interview with a data scientist in the team, going through your resumes and projects. Invited onsite with three data scientists and a software engineer. Initially I was told to wait for about a week for the final decision, then was told to wait for another week, then another few days. I sent my coach receipt to them and they never get back to me for reimbursement.

Interview Questions

• questions on projects and resumes and machine learning conceptual questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rovi

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rovi (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial screen and a technical interview on site. The initial screen included some technical questions and the on site interview was primarily technical with about three hours of questions that ranged from coding to how I would analyze data.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rovi (Cambridge, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I met some representatives of Rovi Analytics, a former start-up recently acquired by Rovi, at a workshop.
    The interview process consisted in giving a presentation, followed by about 5 individual interviews. They explained what they were working on, the problems they are trying to solve, how Rovi works, etc.
    They inquired about my previous experience with data analytics and asked me several question such as the ones here below. On average all interviewers were kind with me.
    My initial reception was very poor: I was left outside in front of the intercom for 10 mins, trying to reach the contact at the phone numbers they gave me. Between one interview and the next I was left alone in the room, but they were kind enough to offer me something to drink.
    After one week or so that I followed up with an email, but never heard anything from them anymore. In the mean time I was in the process of starting another job, so after some weeks I decided to move on.
    The problems they are trying to solve are very interesting, the company is expanding very quickly. Many employees had only a few months experience at Rovi Analytics. The fact that they did not reach back even with a sstandard email is pretty rude and disappointing

Interview Questions

• what would be your approach to solve the following problem: we have big data containing all kind of information on TV viewing. how to optimize the allocation of ads on a tv channel? what external events would most likely influence your predictive algorithm?   Answer Question