Rovi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rovi Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.8

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rovi (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

In general the first interview is a more open conversation, discovery over the phone followed by another interview either onsite or on the phone, focused more on skill set, experience etc. The 3rd interview is most likely onsite or video if needed having a particular task, a role play or a recruitment strategy for a particular role that is shared with you a couple of days before hand to have…

Interview Questions

• The Q&A session is around your presentation, why did you chose that strategy, what the results were, around your skills connected with recruitment and way of approaching candidates, closing deals etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rovi (Chandigarh (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

There was telephonic interview . We were told 1 hour before through mail about the timings they would call . Some questions were asked about Data Structures and Java .

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between JRE,JDk .
      Asked 2 to 3 programming questions
      Google sheet was shared where they asked to code for trees .   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rovi in February 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter to have a one hour talk with one of their data scientists. When I was talking about myself for 30 seconds, she interrupted me and asked me whether I prefer Python or R. I said the ecosystem of both are pretty good for data analysis and preferred python If I have to. This is because Python is the more object-oriented programming language and you can make your code into production if possible. Then she said R is also objective-oriented. I said, I knew, but I have never written an R object but mostly been dealing with functions. Then she asked me two of my favorite packages in R. I said glmnet and forecast. Then we started to talk about how to do cross-validation on time series data because of the package forecast. I talked about one approach like moving windows, but got interrupted by her because she did not listen clearly to what I said and she started to question my approach. Then we were talking about a spark project I did, and she asked me what parameter I used for the iteration? Totally unclear question. Then she asked me a humiliating question like, did you do this project? Then she said 'we have 2 minutes before I had to run for a meeting. Go ahead and ask me any question.' The interview was like one hour, and she left me 2 minutes to ask questions - instant worse experience.

Overall, the experience is bad. I got interrupted by her all the time. For example, while I was answering her question, she would stop me and ask me another question without giving me any feedback. The position is titled as data analyst, but they are looking for data scientists with experience both in statistical analysis/machine learning and big data tools.

Head Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rovi (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Very smooth and very convenient even remote and global panels were involved. Very Informative. Lot of learning from domain perspective. Very knowledgable people to interact with. Experts in their field.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based and real time situation based questions   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Rovi (Burbank, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Reasonable length of time from first interview to hire. HR team kept me in the loop reasonably well. Felt the interviews were reasonable in number and fair. The questions I was asked were appropriate for the job and there were no stupid, lame questions like you sometimes get. Everyone was nice and honest.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick and pretty painless. I thought the offer was fair so it didn't take long.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rovi (Cambridge, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I met some representatives of Rovi Analytics, a former start-up recently acquired by Rovi, at a workshop.
    The interview process consisted in giving a presentation, followed by about 5 individual interviews. They explained what they were working on, the problems they are trying to solve, how Rovi works, etc.
    They inquired about my previous experience with data analytics and asked me several question such as the ones here below. On average all interviewers were kind with me.
    My initial reception was very poor: I was left outside in front of the intercom for 10 mins, trying to reach the contact at the phone numbers they gave me. Between one interview and the next I was left alone in the room, but they were kind enough to offer me something to drink.
    After one week or so that I followed up with an email, but never heard anything from them anymore. In the mean time I was in the process of starting another job, so after some weeks I decided to move on.
    The problems they are trying to solve are very interesting, the company is expanding very quickly. Many employees had only a few months experience at Rovi Analytics. The fact that they did not reach back even with a sstandard email is pretty rude and disappointing

Interview Questions

• what would be your approach to solve the following problem: we have big data containing all kind of information on TV viewing. how to optimize the allocation of ads on a tv channel? what external events would most likely influence your predictive algorithm?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rovi (New Delhi (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

4 Rounds :
    1. Written elimination test. (QA and Java)
    2. 4 Technical Interviews.

Interview Questions

• Design Drop box kinda application End to End.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't get too greedy while negotiating. The work culture and work is pretty awesome !!

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rovi (Mumbai (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

1. Written Test comprising 10 questions
    2. Technical Interview
    3. HR Round

Interview Questions

• Write a script (Perl, Bash, Python) which reads first 7 lines of an input file input.txt present in home directory and parses it.
      If there is some error while parsing throw a message "Error"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rovi (Mumbai (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

moderate to difficult

Interview Questions

• except algo,ds,java..your project which you have completed   Answer Question

Negotiation

you can negotiate but while making their offer..it seems that negotiation doesnt required.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rovi (San Diego, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by a 4 hour in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever played hooky from work?   1 Answer