Rovi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rovi Interview Questions

2.8

Drone Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rovi (Burbank, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was as if I were being interviewed by people who had no idea what the job they wanted to fill even consisted of. The multitude of interviewers was completely unnecessary.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rovi (Wayne, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

My interviews at Rovi were comprehensive, fair, and interesting. I met some seasoned leaders, who definitely know their product and processes. I met with about 12 people, some in pairs, and recommend those interviewing push for the same, because these meetings were very informative.

Interview Questions

• STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) Open Ended Questions, like:
      Tell us about a difficult project that you took on, and how you overcame challenges.
      Deep Dives into Agile.
      Deep dives into their processes, challenges, and getting to know the team.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Pleasant - the offer was within the range we had discussed, and the benefit package is quite comprehensive.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a telephonic interview , which was mostly technical , i was asked basic questions on c and object oriented programming. I was questioned about the features of object oriented programming.
    It was a healthy talk . He was patient enough to hear me . On the whole , it was a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain polymorphism with an example.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

It was a telephonic interview. The duration of the interview was 1 hour. I had a healthy talk with the interviewer. He asked me to introduce myself and my family. Then he asked me about the subjects I'm interested in. He interviewed me on Data Structures and some basic Operating System concepts.
    He asked me few aptitude questions most of them were on probability.

Interview Questions

• Suppose that you have a triangle with 3 ants on different vertices (corners) of the triangle. What is the probability that either 2 of the ants or all of the ants collide if all 3 ants start walking on the sides of the triangle?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rovi (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied to the profile in their careers website . Got an email asking for availabilities to schedule for an online coding test. The test went for an hour and has questions mainly related to the job description. After that had a call to speak to the director of Engineering. After that received an onsite call invitation in their Rovi office at south Boston. Onsite call went for almost 4 hours. Questions were related to data structures and algorithms. People were really good and friendly. HR walked me through the entire place and made sure everything was fine.
    Overall process was very smooth and HR was very prompt at getting back and took almost 10-15 days.
    Received an offer the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Linked List and String questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was good enough and I accepted. I am sure they were open to negotiations.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rovi (Chandigarh (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

There was telephonic interview . We were told 1 hour before through mail about the timings they would call . Some questions were asked about Data Structures and Java .

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between JRE,JDk .
      Asked 2 to 3 programming questions
      Google sheet was shared where they asked to code for trees .
      Answer Question

Finance Director/Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rovi (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2012.

Interview

Recruited found me and introduced this company to me. Went throught my working experience with Recruiter and then they recommened me to hiring company. Then Finance controller called me from US for telephone interview. Then she selected the final cadidate for FD's review. Then I had phone call with FD for interview. At the end GM in shanghai office had face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• How big team did I manage in prior company.   1 Answer
    • what is my strenght?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I convinced that I am the best candidate for this company even I didn't work for IT industry before but I catch up very quick for new business.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rovi in February 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter to have a one hour talk with one of their data scientists. When I was talking about myself for 30 seconds, she interrupted me and asked me whether I prefer Python or R. I said the ecosystem of both are pretty good for data analysis and preferred python If I have to. This is because Python is the more object-oriented programming language and you can make your code into production if possible. Then she said R is also objective-oriented. I said, I knew, but I have never written an R object but mostly been dealing with functions. Then she asked me two of my favorite packages in R. I said glmnet and forecast. Then we started to talk about how to do cross-validation on time series data because of the package forecast. I talked about one approach like moving windows, but got interrupted by her because she did not listen clearly to what I said and she started to question my approach. Then we were talking about a spark project I did, and she asked me what parameter I used for the iteration? Totally unclear question. Then she asked me a humiliating question like, did you do this project? Then she said 'we have 2 minutes before I had to run for a meeting. Go ahead and ask me any question.' The interview was like one hour, and she left me 2 minutes to ask questions - instant worse experience.

Overall, the experience is bad. I got interrupted by her all the time. For example, while I was answering her question, she would stop me and ask me another question without giving me any feedback. The position is titled as data analyst, but they are looking for data scientists with experience both in statistical analysis/machine learning and big data tools.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rovi (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Extremely disjointed; read from a script, interviewed by people that didn't know the position and wouldn't have known the questions to ask, nor how to decipher the answers when given.

Interview Questions

• One of them was the standard bs of where do you see yourself in 5 yrs...   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rovi (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume via a contact. It took a month for someone to reach out to me. When I received a phone call from a Talent Acquisition Specialist, I could tell she was very junior. She did not ask me if it was a good time to speak, so I had to hurry to find a private spot to talk to her. Her tone was that of disinterest, which I feel was because she viewed this as an obligatory call (being that I was an employee referral). This "Specialist" focused mainly on the fact that I have done contract work versus being a full time regular employee. She did not ask me one question about my experience and skills. Overall I felt that she was looking for reasons to reject me rather than skillfully interview me and see if I would be a potential fit for this role. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Why have you been a contractor so long?

What is your education? I don't see it on your resume.
      Answer Question