Rovi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rovi Interview Questions

2.8

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rovi (Radnor, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview first with the hiring manager and a senior engineer. I was not called in for a one-on-one because they had budget changes for the position. A month later, I was called in for a one-on-one. I was shown to a conference room for the first 2 rounds of interviews. First, I interviewed with 2 senior QA people. They were very prepared and took notes during the interview. The next round was with a senior developer. He had not read my resume beforehand and was not prepared. He just went throught he motions of the interview and read my resume as he went along. He also had his laptop and took notes. During both of these rounds they asked me the difference between white and black box testing. And, even though this was a QA position, they expected the person they hire to make bug fixes to the code. Then, I was shown to the hiring manager's office for the last round. He also had not read my resume. He turned to the last page and focused on my university. I graduated from university in 1993, so I was a bit perplexed. All together, he interviewed me about 10 minutes. I am sure that he already knew who he was going to hire and just went through the interview process with other candidates as part of his job.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected was really a statement. What the hiring manager said to me at the end of the interview left me disappointed. I quote, "You are VERY qualified for the position. However, if I don't hire you it's because there may be someone a little bit better." And, he held up his hand with his thumb and index finger very close together to demonstrate a "litte bit".   Answer Question

CLU Reporter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rovi in February 2013.

Interview

It took two weeks total in between aplying to the job and getting a offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an exemplo of a problem resolving situation that I had in my career.   Answer Question

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rovi (Radnor, PA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in California after I applied for a position in Radnor, PA. I had a phone interview with HR and then the hiring manager., two face-to-face interviews (one with hiring manager and another with the Content VP), and two telephone interviews with the Engineering VP and the Director of Product Management. I was asking standard interview questions about my work experience and many questions related to how I would handle different situations and how I would describe my personality.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

After I was offered, I asked for more and they gave me what I asked for. I had to wait to hear back two or three days.

Senior Software (Front-End) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rovi (San Francisco, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Initial communications involved one-on-one phone calls with their senior recruiter gauging my fit for the position and were followed up by a group phone conversation with team leaders, all of which were relaxed and pleasant conversations.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself with Javascript? (between 1 and 10)   1 Answer

Senior Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rovi (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was approached by e-mail and my first interview was over the phone. After that I was invited to attend several interviews at the HQ. I had interviews with possible future peers and senior level managers including human resources. One of the interviewers was specialist on company culture who rated if I was a culturally good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• At the cultural interview I was asked about my reaction being in a fully loaded cinema when I suspect that a fire is going to start.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rovi in April 2012.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview to screen applicants. They then set up a Skype interview because I was too far away to come for an interview in person. The interview was very laid back. I was interviewed by my future manager and her boss. They did not ask any unexpected questions, although I did have to speak with them in Spanish for half of the interview. Later I was required to take a test--they mailed me the test and I had to Skype with the manager while taking the test so that he could be sure that I completed it without cheating and within the required time limit.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rovi (Wayne, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

My interviews at Rovi were comprehensive, fair, and interesting. I met some seasoned leaders, who definitely know their product and processes. I met with about 12 people, some in pairs, and recommend those interviewing push for the same, because these meetings were very informative.

Interview Questions

• STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) Open Ended Questions, like:
      Tell us about a difficult project that you took on, and how you overcame challenges.
      Deep Dives into Agile.
      Deep dives into their processes, challenges, and getting to know the team.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Pleasant - the offer was within the range we had discussed, and the benefit package is quite comprehensive.

Drone Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rovi (Burbank, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was as if I were being interviewed by people who had no idea what the job they wanted to fill even consisted of. The multitude of interviewers was completely unnecessary.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Rovi (Burbank, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Reasonable length of time from first interview to hire. HR team kept me in the loop reasonably well. Felt the interviews were reasonable in number and fair. The questions I was asked were appropriate for the job and there were no stupid, lame questions like you sometimes get. Everyone was nice and honest.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick and pretty painless. I thought the offer was fair so it didn't take long.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rovi (Burbank, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very straight-forward. I went in for an interview with my soon-to-be boss and a few soon-to-be coworkers. No hard questions were asked, everything was pretty standard, such as why do you think you're a good fit, what would you bring to the company, etc. After that, I received a phone call with an offer, I negotiated for a little bit higher, and signed the papers. The entire process was very quick, maybe one to two weeks from interview to signed papers.

Interview Questions

• There honestly weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. Every question was the standard interview question you'd be asked in any company, tell me about your work history, what are your strengths, why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question