Rovi Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rovi (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Extremely disjointed; read from a script, interviewed by people that didn't know the position and wouldn't have known the questions to ask, nor how to decipher the answers when given.

Interview Questions

• One of them was the standard bs of where do you see yourself in 5 yrs...   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rovi (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call from the HR recruiter. Got moved on to phone interview with hiring manager a day or two later. The following week went into their offices for 3 in-person interviews followed by 2 more phone interviews with remote stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• No questions were too difficult or unexpected although what was probably unexpected was that I didn't actually get a lot of questions. I got more of each persons view of the company and the role. More of the interviewers talking to me instead of me talking to them about my skills and work history.   Answer Question

Director of Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rovi (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. 2 interviews with the hiring manager and a director went very well. I was asked to come in for interview with VP. VP was a very poor interviewer. I asked about org. rolllup and he became argumentative on rollup. He was sarcastic and argumentative. This led me to believe that the org. was not organized and dysfunctional and he was in the middle of it and any questions about this topic made him uneasy. Overall, I had to repeat and re-explain ideas to him.. The experience just wasn't there for a senior person and in fact he learned some things from me in the interview.. I could see why the reviews weren't good for this org.

Interview Questions

• Ask as many questions as possible about the company. It's you're call.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rovi (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

One of the longest most drawn out interviews I have ever been involved with. Expect them to ask you for sample code. For example they asked me to bring a sample of my C+ code. Each member reviewed it and critiqued my code. It became very interesting when one of them didn't like the choice of a word in the documentation of my code. He didn't make any mention that I produced a solution with 50% less lines then what they were expecting and far more memory management techniques. Also be prepared for a panel interview with the recruiter, manager and some other members of the team. They like their egos stroked so make sure you get the names of the people you will be interviewer with and look them up on LinkedIn. For best results email the manager directly and avoid the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to forfeit a vacation with you family for an urgent project, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you were to trouble shoot code of an employee who was terminated what would your fist step be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can haggle. If they want you the will keep going up. I made up that I had other offers just to drive up the salary.