Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rowman & Littlefield Publishing

Assistant Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rowman & Littlefield Publishing.

Interview

I appreciated how quickly everything happened (response to application, scheduling of interview, etc.) and how friendly everyone was, both over email and in person. There was a proofreading test that was fairly straightforward. Overall a pleasant experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rowman & Littlefield Publishing (Lanham, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on a Sunday night online and HR called me the next day to set up a phone interview with the editorial team for two days later. They asked for my references and then started calling those. Said they would finishing up interviewing other candidates throughout the week and I would hopefully know by the next week.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about my previous experience and how the experience prepared me for this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rowman & Littlefield Publishing (Lanham, MD).

Interview

HR will generally set up with a phone interview with the managing editor. If they like you, they'll bring you in for an in-person interview. I was hired rather quickly as the current employee was leaving the country and only had a few days to train me. There's a high rate of turnover, so if you're not selected for a particular opening, there's a good chance you can reapply in the near future for another position.

Interview Questions

• Most typical interview questions. They like you to speak a lot. Be sure to be able to speak about your favorite books or what led you to publishing. Looking for unique answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Response

May 12, 2014 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your insightful feedback on our interviewing process. If you'd like to share anything else, please feel free to stop by my office!

Sincerely,
    Michael
    Human Resources Manager

Manufacturing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rowman & Littlefield Publishing (Lanham, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with the vice president of production, the manufacturing director and the manufacturing associate whom I would be assisting on a regular basis. It was held in a small conference room and was a little intimidating but they were all so kind and made me feel at ease. If I stumbled on a question they diffused my nerves by making a joke or helping me along.

Interview Questions

• Describe a real life professional scenario that helped to prepare you for this position.   Answer Question

Production Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rowman & Littlefield Publishing (Lanham, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with managers and HR. Took a basic proofreading test. Received job offer. It was a friendly environment. I did not feel like I was being grilled. It was very much a back and forth conversation about what they were and offered and who I was and what I offered.