Royal Ahold Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Ahold Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2017

2.8

Internal Auditor Interview

Interview

It was an extensive interview process. Had about 10 interviews overall. Interview with HR, managers from all divisions, entire team, and VP. The entire process was almost 3 months long.

Fuel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal Ahold (Carlisle, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Last 1 hour. Interview questions relevant to the position. Interviewer was the director of fuel and the recruiter .
    They discussed the position, their expectations, and then asked questions about my experience and general fuel knowledge

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Royal Ahold (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

It was very simple i got the interview shortly after submitting my application. They called me in took me to the back and asked me a few questions and explained the position to me in depth. Asked me if i still wanted the position, after i confirmed they gave me an orientation date about two weeks after my drug test results.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to work in 40 below temperatures?   2 Answers

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Royal Ahold (Harrisburg, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I completed thes state civil service test. I completed and passed the drug test and had a physical interview at the home office. I was offered the position. It was a good experience. The LCB takes pride in outstanding customer service and employees go through a very thorough training process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Ahold (Rochester, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Met at a career fair. Had a 30 minute sit-down interview with a senior and younger employee. Covered very basic behavioral stuff and asked some very specific CSS and JS questions.

Followed up with a skype call with 4 employes including two I talked to. They weren't very prepared at this point and didn't ask anything substantial.

Recieved a call a couple weeks later with an offer. Declined due to Carlisle being an awful place to live.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between Display and Visible in JS.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Ahold in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was smooth, first i was interviewed on phone and then a skype face to face interview, I was interviewed by my manger and director.Overall experience was smooth. Except they took time to get back to me on second interview.

Interview Questions

• gone through my CV and asked questions on my previous work   Answer Question

Back End Developer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Ahold (Quincy, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

There was phone screening followed by an on-site interview.I was interviewed by the hiring manager of the team , along with the co-ops he was working with at that time. I was called in at the Quincy office for in person interview which lasted for about an hour.

Inventory Cycle Counter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Ahold (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

You interview with the manager and human resources and they ask you questions obviously about your previous jobs. They discuss each job with you and will try to see if there is a connection with inventory. They give you questions about specific job situations. It's been too long ago, can't remember any. They ask you why do you want to be in inventory and the values you would bring to the company. They ask where do you see yourself 5 years from now. They ask about your strengths and weaknesses. At the end of the interview, they'll ask typically if you have any questions for them. I suggest you ask questions but ones about themselves (interviewers). You need to be aware of the type of people you are working for, very important to know.

Interview Questions

• Experiences you had at other jobs that have a connection with inventory   Answer Question

Consumer Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Ahold (Carlisle, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

The lead-up to the interview was great. The HR generalist conducted a phone interview with me after hours. I was then able to schedule my in-person interview for a few weeks later on a day I had already scheduled off from my then-current job. Everyone seemed very accommodating and it was certainly encouraging.

The interview itself was rather bland. I was interviewed by two people in the research department and the HR generalist. They didn't have a lot of questions and didn't do much to explain the details of the position.

I was then given a behavioral test on a computer.

The HR generalist said I would hear something in seven to ten business days. I never heard anything after that, even though I had followed up with a thank you note.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Ahold in April 2014.

Interview

Overall easy. Technical interview on phone and one on site. The interviewer will ask basic questions in whatever technology they are expecting you to know. They are very accommodating in cases where you don't know the technology they are using and will provide some training once you start working

Interview Questions

• What are generics in Java? Be prepared with all the basic Java questions.   Answer Question