Royal Bank of Scotland Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.9

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in March 2013.

Interview

Pretty seamless process. Applied on Monster. HR rep contacted me. Met with the hiring manager for about an hour and discussed some technical and behavioral questions. Received feed back in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last position   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview was a series of simple bond math and personality/fit questions with some market questions such as what's something you've read lately and your thoughts on it. Two 2 on 1 interviews with one on campus and the Superday at their Stamford headquarters. The fit questions were anything from personality to leadership. What is your biggest strength/weakness, etc. Know why RBS, why Markets (or whatever subdivision), and what roles particularly interest you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you've had recently, how you handled it, and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I did not have any contact with the company previously. I simply dropped my resume online and was asked to interview while they were on campus at my university. I was interviewed by two men: one VP and one analyst. The interview was almost entirely technical and one of them seemed to enjoy watching me suffer through the interview. I did okay at best.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through an adjustment you made on a purchase balance sheet for your previous employer.   Answer Question
    • How do you determine terminal value?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2009.

Interview

The interviewer was cold and asked few questions. Not very interested in the process. Did grill me on parts of my resume. Be prepared to talk about modeling and other financial pieces. Other than that I just ran through my resume. I am not sure what she was looking for exactly. Did not give me much time to ask her questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Interview process was easy. I gave interview at delhi location. There were 3 rounds.
    1) initial round- in which they check your communication skills
    2) online test- it was easy but very lengthy. It took more than an hour. there is time limit in each section.
    3) manager round- It was easy. Basically the questions were related to my resume, family and they will ask about different questions according to the company's culture. They just want to know that how will you cop with the situation.

HR team is good and helpfull. Overall positive experience

Interview Questions

• What do you know about RBS ?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Experience was okay. The interviewers were very supportive and kept the process as informal as possible. Easy process. Not much stress on technical knowledge. Just how you present your ideas and your personality are judged.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New Delhi (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

It started with basic GD, then computer based test and then followed by personal interview. GD was to check your communication skills. Computer based checked our basic maths and English. It was of easy level. It also had a speed typing test. Personal Interview has simple questions which are always asked in interviews. One can easily answer them.

Interview Questions

• Where Do You See Yourself After 5 Years and some situation based questions.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

2 rounds of Interview. 1st round was HR round and Interview by Member of the hiring resource team Then background check. Then telephonic interview with the Functional head. Then joined the company on roll out of offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of telephonic interview, one written test, one video conference conversation. Then final hr discussion.... First I had discussion with the person who had referred me. Then her manager called me to discuss the work I do, the project I have done etc. Then had a call with senior manager. Then had one written test. Then he round

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through elitmus. There were four rounds in all. First round was group discussion, second presentation, third coding and fourth 1:1 interview. All rounds were easy and required more presence of mind than any prior preparation.Everything was right on time and very well managed. It was a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions

• General programming questions, OOPs concepts, Code from the coding round, basic knowledge about the company and profile.   Answer Question