Royal Bank of Scotland Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Royal Bank of Scotland

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

After application and numerical test came the first telephone interview. A very nice guy first introduced the interview process and then introduced himself. He asked about four questions regarding the knowledge of how you know about the company and the programme. Then he assessed my answer and continued to the competency quesitions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what do you know about our programme   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2009.

Interview

There were couple of telephonic rounds. This was followed by the case study. Lastly I was called for personal interview in Gurgaon office. There also I gave few personal interview along with presentation on case study. The last round was HR interview which did not took place.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Chennai (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview is difficult. They will take Domain, System knowledge rounds
    also Case Studies & Situations

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dont negotiate much .. you may loose the offer - Avg. 30-40% Hike

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

Very professional way of conducting the interview. The process included a skill test on Microsoft Visio followed by a face-to-face interview with the head of the group

Interview Questions

• The visio test involved creating a process flow as well as explaining the process   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation on the salary

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

- Two telephonic rounds, where basic Finance & IT questions were asked - Bonds, Capital markets, Derivatives, Trade life cycle, UAT testing, requirement gathering strategies, etc.

- F2F round was more of case studies and situation based questions, which lasted about an hour. There were two people in the interview panel.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New Delhi (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

Very casual and friendly, it was only one HR round as they were hiring freshers for a very basic role and job profile was easy. It was not exactly business analyst but rather analyst for various projects company was engaged in. Moreover, the interview lasted for a very short span, they were seeking confident professionals who were high on interest and dedicated to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell about yourself
      Additional activities
      Family background   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Actual Interview stages were relaxed but professional. Telephone, technical/competency based and cultural fit. However handling of whole process regarding salary expectations and negotiations were poor. I was asked how much I was expecting salary wise and was subsequently informed of minimum the role would be for. They knew I would not have gone to interview stage for less. When offered the job I was offered a third less than ever discussed which came as a shock as nowhere near this figure had been discussed and made the interview stage pointless. Also the recruiter who had spoken to me for 4 months was not the person to come back with the offer which came across very unprofessional. Recruitment team and actual department hiring knew nothing of what the other one was doing. Respectfully declined the offer. It would have been nice if they were upfront from the outset as it would have saved all parties involved a lot of time.

Interview Questions

• Why RBS? name a time when...? Give an example of...? All competency based questions relevant to the role.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Warsaw (Poland)) in December 2017.

Interview

Firstly there was an test. Multiple choice IQ test and a topic based finance-like test(there was e-mail of investment agent to customer and you are expected to read and answer questions.
    According to results you are invited to Face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you achieved anything by teamwork during your previous job experinces?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New Delhi (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

interview process was lengthy, not a tough one to crack, very basic questions asked and there were 3 rounds, 1st one was HR round :- very basic questions asked and have to speak on a current topic, 2nd round was aptitude test :- it was a machine test ( Maths, Reasoning, English, typing speed ) , and the 3rd one was manager's round it was also more of a HR round not much questions asked :- tell me about yourself, why do you want to join RBS etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join RBS?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in January 2014.

Interview

Its was quite tough , there was totally 4 rounds of interview , and the HR round focused more on the the ability to work in strict deadlines.