Royal Bank of Scotland Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.7

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was approached by HR team for the Lead /Principle Business Analyst role at Gurugram Location. My resume was shortlisted and I was provided 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM interview slot for Saturday, June 17, 2017.
· I reached the interview location 15 minutes in advance and notified designated HR executive.
· I was shocked to see over 100 candidates invited for 15 PMO Lead/ Business Analyst Treasury positions all around the same or earlier timeslots. In addition, there were very few interviewers (may be 7-8 along with 2 HR executives ) to deal with over 100 candidates.
· The interview process for everyone started only after 10:00 AM and I was called at 11:35 AM for an interview with Lead BA after made to wait without any reason for almost 2 .5 hour.
· I believe the interview went very well as I answered all the questions correctly and was asked to wait for the result.
· After waiting for over 1 ½ hrs, at 1:30 PM HR executive announced the names, including mine, of the candidates qualified for the second round and informed the second round will commence post lunch.
· However, at 2:10 PM HR executive told me that we can’t proceed with next round and asked me leave.
· Initially I thought there must be some error as I was clearly told that I am shortlisted for the second round. She told me that the interviewer has changed his mind and on inquiring the reason she had no clue.
· I requested for a feedback from the interviewer on why the decision to proceed with my candidature was changed. After having waited for over 5 hours, I at least deserve 5 mins of feedback.
· On insisting to get feedback, HR executives told me to wait and I waited for another 2 hours to get that 5-min feedback, which was denied.
· On inquiring availability of the interviewer at 4:00 PM, I received another rude response that it will take more time without any indication on how much more time.
· When I asked for some details like who is the Hiring manger and RBS HR leader I was told to go find that information from the company website.
I am disappointed with the recruitment process of RBS India and how even experienced candidates are treated by RBS HR managers and RBS employees while conducting the interview drive.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked questions related to treasury operations and some basic questions about BA skills   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then waited for about two month before being invited to AC. The AC process was pretty standard with a case study, group discussion on the case, presentation on the discussion, written exercise (replies to several emails but not e-tray) and an one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• Example of leadership, team conflict, have you coached someone etc.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Very informal interview with two interviewers. Friendly and casual. 30 minutes walk through of CV plus some functional questions. Functional questions focused on "do you have this specific skill for the role". Most questions related directly to the job description.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience doing xyz?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Actual Interview stages were relaxed but professional. Telephone, technical/competency based and cultural fit. However handling of whole process regarding salary expectations and negotiations were poor. I was asked how much I was expecting salary wise and was subsequently informed of minimum the role would be for. They knew I would not have gone to interview stage for less. When offered the job I was offered a third less than ever discussed which came as a shock as nowhere near this figure had been discussed and made the interview stage pointless. Also the recruiter who had spoken to me for 4 months was not the person to come back with the offer which came across very unprofessional. Recruitment team and actual department hiring knew nothing of what the other one was doing. Respectfully declined the offer. It would have been nice if they were upfront from the outset as it would have saved all parties involved a lot of time.

Interview Questions

• Why RBS? name a time when...? Give an example of...? All competency based questions relevant to the role.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Mumbai (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview level is good, they would probably grill you in the global economic affairs, they'll ask everything so u need to be really updated to crack this one.Interview process is slow,they took 10 days to reply back for 2nd round result.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Two panel-style interviews on the same day but in different meeting rooms. Turned out to be multiple teams hiring a BA so they were trying to see which team the candidate was suited to. In the end, I was recommended for a team entirely separate from those I initially interviewed for. I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about RBS from the news?   1 Answer
    • If you were working on a team project, what role would you play in the team?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

- Two telephonic rounds, where basic Finance & IT questions were asked - Bonds, Capital markets, Derivatives, Trade life cycle, UAT testing, requirement gathering strategies, etc.

- F2F round was more of case studies and situation based questions, which lasted about an hour. There were two people in the interview panel.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

After application and numerical test came the first telephone interview. A very nice guy first introduced the interview process and then introduced himself. He asked about four questions regarding the knowledge of how you know about the company and the programme. Then he assessed my answer and continued to the competency quesitions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what do you know about our programme   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New Delhi (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

Very casual and friendly, it was only one HR round as they were hiring freshers for a very basic role and job profile was easy. It was not exactly business analyst but rather analyst for various projects company was engaged in. Moreover, the interview lasted for a very short span, they were seeking confident professionals who were high on interest and dedicated to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell about yourself
      Additional activities
      Family background   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

Very professional way of conducting the interview. The process included a skill test on Microsoft Visio followed by a face-to-face interview with the head of the group

Interview Questions

• The visio test involved creating a process flow as well as explaining the process   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation on the salary