Royal Bank of Scotland Customer Services Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Customer Services Officer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Telephone, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Telephone confirmation of personal details then 4 competency based questions. Interviewer was friendly seemed interested in my replies, follow up questions were very specific so helped me not to babble to much (nerves!)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you helped a customer   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Completed online application.
    5 days later was asked to complete online assessments.
    Got an email about 5 days later offering to complete a phone call interview.
    The phone call interview consisted of a variety of questions however only about 2 were customer based the rest were knowledge about the company and my past experiences within customer service.
    Easy to talk to the interviewer and was a nice process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you provided exceptional customer service and went beyond your call of duty?   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poole, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Poole, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process itself was the usual 3 stage approach, online assessment, telephone interview and then followed by face to face panel interview.
    Interview process was smooth and breezy but I did feel they kept on asking the same questions but worded differently. The interview was held in-branch by the business managers of the branch and another business manager from another branch. The questions were purely scenario based with the expectation to give real life experience answers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give an example of a time I went over and beyond my call of duty to assist a customer   1 Answer

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Birmingham, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online
     They took Telephone interview and Asked questions some calculations.
    Second stage was face to face at the branch. It was with branch manager she asked questions like why I want to work for RBS? Talking through CV and situational based questions.

Interview Questions

• Why customer services?
      Given a calculation to solve?
      Strengths and weakness?   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

the interview wasnt that bad anyway, i was asked lots of questions but at the end, i wasnt succefull, the interview told me to come back and reply in 6months time.

Customer Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Birmingham, England) in January 2016. Did an Online application,followed b telephone interview -Competency based questions. i was booked for a face to face interview which was competency based and role play. They relay the core values to you in a very long winded way before they ask the question.

Interview Questions

• A customer has walked into branch and is very frustrated about being charged that she didn't know about. How would you go about helping this customer? What would you do to help the customer understand the charges? What information would you provide to this customer? What would you do if the customer became angry and started shouting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Customer Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Online application, interview -Competency based questions, role play. They relay the core values to you in a very long winded way before they ask the question and this can be quite off putting as by the time they ask you the question, it almost gets lost in all the guff they give you in the beginning

Interview Questions

• There was a role play where they pretended to call me and i had to answer and advise on which product would suit there needs   1 Answer

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urmston, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Urmston, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was invited to a 1:1 interview after completing telephone interview by giving an in-dept knowledge of what I expected the role to consists as well as answering 2 basic competency questions including 'Tell me about a time where you provided exceptional customer service'.

The interviewer explained the interview process will be broken up into 3 parts:

1) Current Situation - what your currently doing, what you'll expect to do in the role, how well you've familiarised yourself with the role, why you want to leave your current job, why RBS Experience Education etc. etc.

2) Competency Based Questions - I had 3 competency based questions but instead of giving them the examples they provided me with examples and asked a few questions in relation to them e.g. a customer has walked into branch and doesn't understand charges on his statement, what would you do to help him understand, what would you do if he became angry and started shouting, how would you control the situation/ You just finished the transaction with the customer and noticed she is due for an account review, what would you say to her to ask if she would be interested in a review, what if she isn't available at present (book appointment) etc. etc.

3) Role Play - 3rd part consisted of a role play where I was given a fake statement and had to answer questions the 'customer' (interviewer) asked very basic questions such as how much was I charged for my phone bill on 13th April or how much standing order do I pay, I got 20/20 and they are very basic questions you just need to prove your attention to detail.
    The role play also consisted of a random product (I had a holiday package) and you are to sell that holiday package to the customer (interviewer) so I got given an A4 sheet of paper with information about the holiday and had 4 mins to read through it and then offer it to the customer.

TIPS: Don't be afraid to ask questions, you have to ask questions to show your interest for the role and organisation so make sure you prepared a few questions before going in.

When answering the competency based questions be as specific and as detailed as you can be as that will get you the extra marks so don't just say 'I provided exceptional customer service and empathised.... etc. etc.' they're really looking for I provided exceptional customer service by asking the customer to sit down and offering to get him/her refreshments whilst I looked into the matter with the correct internal department. Provide as much detail as possible because they won't probe your answers.

When selling or doing the role play make sure to understand the customers needs and ensure their needs are met so for instance the holiday package I was selling had an inclusive children activity centre so by asking the customer if she has children I was able to mention that to her.

I won't be accepting the offer because I'm very much happy with my current organisation as they agreed for a full-time position after I finish my studies.

Interview Questions

• Why RBS?   Answer Question
    • So what have you been doing/been involved with throughout the past 2 years?   Answer Question
    • A manager has introduced a new product the group wants to sell at your branch. How would you effectively manage your time between understanding the product as well as keeping on track with current targets and activities? How would you ensure you understand the product? What would you say to your manager?   Answer Question

Customer Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After applying via sending my CV. I was contacted via email about a schedules telephone interview. This followed a week later. The telephone interview lasted roughly 30-40 minutes. Competency questions linking to experience, team work, using initiative questions. Was pretty simple successfully passed that stage was scheduled next for a face to face interview. Could have been far more prepared standard type questions. Why rbs?

Interview Questions

• why rbs?
      Why customer service?
      what makes you stand out from other?
      what do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Customer Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

They basically ask you how you have demonstrated certain attributes in the past, etc. But what really seemed to impress the lady interviewing me was any passed experience of selling. I had experience and they were impressed. This is because, being in the call center, you'll have to do some selling.

Interview Questions

• trying to impress with selling techniques and selling past experience if you have any.   1 Answer

Too much travelling involved